Chapter Thirteen | Two Years Later

"Good morning"

Wendy felt his breath in,his head nuzzles the crook of her neck.He kissed it softly.Wendy turned around so she was facing him.His warm eyes and cheeky grin made it irresistible for Wendy not to smile back.Wendy felt his hand rest lightly on her waist,drawing small circles.

"You know it's six in the morning"said Romeo,his voice was deep and full of sleepiness."I know,"replied Wendy."You just got out of hospital"said Romeo,he would deny it but he seemed worried.

"I'm fine"

Romeo rested his forehead against hers."I'm glad you saw someone"said Romeo,his breath mingled with hers.Wendy moved closer to him,"I didn't have a choice.You picked me up and ran"said Wendy.Romeo laughed and scratched his neck.

"But If I didn't the best thing in my life wouldn't be here"

Wendy laughed,"I'm serious!Wendy I'm really happy your pregnant"said Romeo sitting up on his elbow.Wendy saw the covers slip down,revealing more of his toned chest.

"I'm going to have a child,with the person I love.Thats the best thing I could have"

Wendy leaned up and titled her head slightly.Romeo met her halfway and kissed her.Wendy felt her lips tingle with excitement,she had chills.Romeo rolled on top of her,holding himself up with one arm.

"I love you"

_________________

Wendy felt the tears go through her closed eyelids and down her cheeks.It had been two years,but Wendy missed Romeo more and more everyday.While most members of the guild had stopped searching for Romeo,Wendy hadn't.Wendy heard her door being pushed open,then little feet running to her bed."Mama!Mama!"yelled Kasai,Wendy wiped her tears quickly and picked him up from the side of the bed.

"Hi Kasai"replied Wendy,Kasai gave a little laugh and threw his small arms around Wendy's neck."Breakfast!"demanded Kasai,Wendy rolled her eyes playfully and sat up carefully.Wendy stood up off the bed and walked out of her room,down the hallway and stairs and into the living room.Kasai scrambled to be let down,and the moment Wendy put him down he ran into the kitchen and stood at his high chair.

Wendy walked into the kitchen and put Kasai in his high chair.Wendy went to her fridge,she grabbed out milk and eggs.Grabbing a bowl,fork and a pan as well.Wendy quietly made Kasai's breakfast while he talked about preschool,Wendy occasionally laughed at what he said or added in a comment of her own.Wendy put a plastic purple bowel down and Kasai dug in.Wendy had tried to feed Kasai,but the moment he started to eat solid food he wouldn't felt her feed him.

When Kasai was done Wendy carried him upstairs to her old room,where she put him down and grabbed out a pair of pants and a shirt.Wendy helped Kasai get dressed,she then grabbed a pair of shoes and put them on him.Wendy sighed and stood back,she began to walk to her room (Kasai followed).Wendy walked into her room and grabbed out a mid-thigh blue and green dress.

Wendy undressed and put the dress on,she didn't mind that Kasai was there as he was playing with the teddy bear on her bed.Wendy brushed her hair and grabbed her bag.It was the time of the month when she went on a quest for money,Kasai would stay with whoever offered.Kasai looked at Wendy with her bag,he knew she was leaving again.Thats when he burst into tears,he did it every time.

Wendy walked over and dropped her bag on the bed,she picked him up and began to soothe him."Shhh,Kasai it's okay"whispered Wendy,she softly patted his back.Kasai cried only when Wendy had to leave and when he was hurt,it was a normal thing for him to cry when she left.Wendy put Kasai on her stomach so she could see his eyes."I'll come back.I always do"promised Wendy.Kasai rubbed his eyes and sniffled,Wendy gave him a reassuring smile.