Chapter Twenty Five | Comfort

I stood by the pan as I cooked breakfast.Romeo was having a shower,we had gotten back from the previous nights events only at five.We didn't have time to sleep,but I didn't even want too.We had to fill a report out for Jellal anyway,considering Romeo and I attacked.I was still cold,my bones and muscles still ached as well.I heard Romeo walk behind me,his scent flooded into my nose.I wanted to turn around and talk but I was too focused on thinking.

I was worried,Rosemary had said that when Rhea was taken she began crying and the members of Hisaos guild threatened they would hurt her if she cried any louder.Rhea was two,the same age as Kasai.Would they hurt Kasai as well?Was Kasai crying for me right now?Did he understand how much danger he was in?Was he with Lucy?Or were they all in different locations?

"Wendy?Whatever your worrying about,stop."

I turned around and looked at Romeo.He stood behind me,wearing shorts and a black vest jumper that showed his guild mark.Even though it was pouring outside.He towered over me,his hair sticking slightly to is face as it was still wet from his shower.His eyes betrayed his worry and fear for me."I'm not worrying about anything,"I mumbled.Romeo shook his head and tucked hair behind my ear,the short strand always fell in my eyes.

"I know you are.Whats wrong?"

I shook my head and turned around to cook the food,we both needed something to eat.I flipped the bacon and Romeo wrapped his arms tightly around my waist,he buried his head in my neck."Is it Kasai?"asked Romeo quietly.I felt my eyes water up,who else would it be!My hands were shaky and Romeo seemed to notice it."Go sit down,I can finish making breakfast"said Romeo.He didn't raise his voice or force me,but he spoke in a calm demeaning tone.

"No it's fine!"

Romeo shook his head,"tell me what's wrong.You always make me tell you.It's not good to bottle your emotions and you know it too,"said Romeo.His breath fanned my neck and we stayed silent for a minute.It felt like hours."No it's fine,I'm fine,everything's fine"I replied.Romeo stood up properly and stretched,he didn't seem to concerned.Was that good,or bad?Maybe he was used to Hisao taking the things he loved.

"It's not good if you have to repeat it three times,Wendy."

I stayed silent again.He didn't understand my concerns for Kasai,he only just met Kasai!Romeo walked closer to me,his eyebrows crossed and his eyes full of concern.My heart rate picked up,I could feel my hands getting sweaty.I heard Romeo say my name,but it seemed distant and far away.I couldn't even pick up a trace of his smokey scent.I leaned back against the counter,I hissed in pain as my back my contact with the hot pan.

I heard Romeo move the pan and turn the flame off.My ears were ringing."Wendy,you okay?"asked Romeo.I felt him caress my cheek,his thumb moving under my eyes.Was he wiping away my tears?I was crying?I was shaken back to reality,"talk to me Wendy,"said Romeo.I shook my head,he repeated his statement and spoke softly.He bent down so he could see me better.He stayed so calm that if I was in his situation I would've snapped already.I did snap.I snapped at him.

"I'm scared Romeo!I'm scared for myself,for you,for Kasai,for our guild!I'm scared because you tell me Hisao is powerful but you don't tell me what he can do!I'm scared of him hurting me or you and one of us not recovering!I'm scared he'll hurt Kasai!I am so so scared and I have no idea what to do!He has my son!"

I felt my tears fall down.It was like a dam after heavy rain,my eyes were the dam and my tears were the overwhelming waves crashing against the walls,spilling over.I pushed my face into my hands and cried loudly,letting all my worries go.I felt my hands shake and my knees buckle.Why was I so weak?I felt my knees give way,Romeo caught me and lifted me up.He placed my down on the island counter and walked away to grab something.