Chapter Seventeen | Attack On Magnolia

Wendy had woken up with tears flowing down her cheeks,sweating and trembling with fear.Her son had been taken away in her dream.She had to see he was okay.Wendy jumped up and ran into his room,she almost fell to the ground in relief.The dream had been so real,they took the children and ran.But there he laid,his messy purple hair that she had to cut so often,falling into his eyes.

"Mama?"

Wendy looked up,Kasai sat on his bed with a teddy in his arms.Wendy glanced over at the clock sitting on a shelf,she had only placed it there for her purposes.It read seven in the morning.Wendy walked over and kissed his head,she held him close and breathed in and out.He was okay,he was in her arms."Mama?"asked Kasai,Wendy pulled back and smiled."Lets get breakfast"whispered Wendy.

Kasai nodded enthusiastically and then he jumped up.Kasai ran down the stairs,almost tripping over like he did every morning.Wendy went behind him carefully,but then he stood by the kitchen island so she could put him on his chair.Wendy picked him up and placed him in his chair,then she got to cooking his breakfast.Kasai ate his eggs pretty quickly,while Wendy slowly ate her toast.

Wendy got dressed and then dressed Kasai,then she made her way to the guild.Wendy held Kasais hand as they walked,she glanced at every person walking by her and made sure that they saw her guild mark.While Wendy was famous for being one of the strongest members of Fairy Tail,and being the only female dragon slayer she was aware that people could still beat her.But if they decided to pick a fight,she would have company.

Wendy was relieved when she saw the guild,she hurried inside.Wendy saw Natsu and Lucy,Juvia and Gray sat with them.Juvia waved Wendy over and Wendy walked to them,she slid in next to Juvia."Hey Kasai!Come play with Igneel and I!"said Gale,Wendy watched as Kasai went with her.They were playing with light pens and drawing silly pictures.

Wendy turned to the others,she saw Happy and Carla."Carla!"shouted Wendy,Carla laughed and hugged Wendy.Wendy had missed Carla,for months she had been in Edolas helping with the new transition for magic and guilds.Carla had stumbled upon a way to get to Edolas and since then the guilds and magic council had been helping Edolas' guilds form and for magic to return.

Carla sat down across from Wendy and they spoke for a while,she was glad."Hey Wendy?Can you sense what's wrong with Natsu?"asked Happy,Wendy turned to Natsu and saw that he was staring blankly at the table.He was trying to listen,she saw his ears flicker like they always did.He muttered,Lucy shook him."Natsu?Whats wrong?"asked Lucy.Wendy began trying to listen for what was happening but it was too noisy in the guild.

"Everyone's being to loud...EVERYONE SHUT UP!"

Everyone turned to Natsu,he seemed worried and scared.Wendy listened carefully as well,it was quiet now.Then she heard it,screaming on the far side of Magnolia,terrified screaming.She heard fires burning and the laughs of people who were enjoying pain.Then,she was overwhelmed with dark magic.Wendy shook her head,she stood up and turned to the guild.

"Magnolia is under attack!"

Everyone stopped,they gathered the children and Macao and Wakaba began heading towards the safe room.After multiple accounts of children being attack in guilds,it was law that children under twelve must not fight in a battle.Fairy Tail made it that those who branded the emblem of Fairy Tail had to get it redone,now with a special ink.If the mark was shown to a certain part of the secret door then it would open.

Wendy ran towards Kasai,he was standing there confused while holding his pen.He saw Wendy and ran to her."Mama!"shouted Kasai,his eyes were watery in fear.Wendy hugged him tightly and went to Macao,she quickly gave him to Macao."No mama!Where are you going?!"shouted Kasai,Wendy turned to the guild.They were out the door,Wakaba counted the kids.Wendy knew she couldn't lie to Kasai about the battle.