Chapter 6

Hey guyz...

Enjoy the update...

___________________________________

Khushi kept her head on the sofa back and closed her eyes, thinking about her morning visit to doctor, which only she and NK knew.

FLASHBACK

Khushi woke up with a severe headache. She was finding hard to even see her surroundings. She sat on the bed and pressed her forehead, trying to relief some pain.

After some minutes, she managed to stand up and went to the door. Arnav was all the time sleeping, unaware of everything.

Khushi got out of the room and made her way to the Kitchen. She really needed some medicine and as she knew that she has not eaten a single thing since yesterday, eating medicine will only worsen her health.

Inside the kitchen, she was trying to find some food. As it was early morning, so no body was up yet. She was having great difficulty in finding anything because of her headache.

Just as she was about to loose her balance, a pair of arms grabbed her. She looked up to find NK standing there. She had no power to think about anything.

Hos - pital.

She cried and fell unconscious in his arms. NK was more than scared now.

Without wasting any time, he swiftly carried her and took her to the hospital.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After thoroughly examining Khushi, doctor came outside the room where NK was pacing the length of the corridor.

Doctor? How is Khushiji? Is she safe now? What happened to her? Tell me. Why aren't you saying anything?

I will talk only if you let me. Calm down. Come with me, I want to talk to you.

NK followed the doctor into the room. Khushi was sleeping peacefully as for now.

Mr.? You are her?

Call me NK. I am Khushiji's brother-in-law.

Okay. Where is her husband?

Umm. He don't know about this.

Oh okay. I want to ask some important things related to the patient! Umm, has she met with any accident recently?

NK remembered that while saving Arnav, Khuhshi did fall in the trench.

Yes, doctor. Actually yesterday Khushiji fell in a trench. But she was recovered immediately by her husband. Why are you asking this? Is it something serious?

NK was really worried now.

Yes. Mr. Nk, I am afraid it's really serious. When she fell down, her head must have collided with a hard thing, maybe a rock or a log. On the back of her head, she have a wound, which must have bleeded looking at it's state. But I think she didn't cleaned and bandaged it properly. As a result, blood has clotted in it. And now it has caused infection in the vein itself. If it is not operated soon, she can even die.

To say NK was shocked, would be clearly an understatement. His face lost all colours. He stood there, staring at the doctor as if he had seen a ghost.

No. He finally whispered. This can't be true. Khushiji. Oh My God. What will happen now? Wil - will she re - rec -recover after the operation?