Chapter 32

Here you go...

Enjoy...

__________________________________

Opening his eyes slowly, Arnav tried to get accustomed to the faint light coming in the room through the window. He yawned and tried to turn when he felt someone stuck to him.

It took a moment for his sleepy state to remember that Khushi was there with him, in his arms. A smile made its way on his lips along with a serene feeling.

He had his love with him.

His thoughts went back to the last night conversation they had. He never planned to tell her that he knew about the brutal past they shared. He wanted Khushi herself to tell him. To trust him enough to share with him.

But the insecurities and pain he saw in her eyes for himself last night made him confess that he knew about the whole past fiasco.

Why? Where? How? When? He knew so many questions would arise in her mind but he also knew and understood that this was not the time to discuss about the past when the present and future felt so fragile and misted.

So for now, for the first time in his life, he decided to think about only and only Khushi. No Arvind. No Garima. No Aradhana. Just Khushi.

Why? Because she needed his support for facing the most devil and evil person of her life; Anjali.

Just as the memory of her, made Arnav tighten his hold around her waist and pulled her more close if that was even possible.

He kept caressing her hairs, pecking them now and then, when his thoughts went towards the Singhania family. Grabbing his phone from the side table, he swiped open it and found a message from NK.

"Flight to Delhi leaves at 10 pm today" received 12:30 am..

Taking a long sigh, he responded to the message and then kept the phone away.

Delhi. He closed his eyes. It was very difficult for him to go back to the same city where he lost his everything.

Where he got to see different faces of his loved ones. Where he witnessed betrayal from the trusted ones. Where he saw his family falling apart.

It were three years since he last met them. Three long years.

Unknown to him, his hold tightened around Khushi. Nobody could guess that what he went through when he heard the news.

The news of Anjali having a miscarriage.

It was as if the world stopped for him. She was his Di. The closest person to him. And now when he thought about her condition, his throat constricted.

FLASHBACK

Arnav was standing in the parking of Hospital, trying to muster up enough courage to see his Di for once.

He wanted to go away asap, but the "chotte" in him didn't let him. He wanted to see his Di. Wanted to know that she was alright.

And he hated himself for wanting this.

He was angry with her. Leave angry, he hated that woman to the core because of whom he lost his Khushi.

But he still loved that woman who used to stay up wake because he was working in office. He still loved that woman who used to understand his unsaid words and read his eyes easily. He still loved that woman that proved herself to be his father, mother, brother, sister and most importantly a friend.