Chapter 11

Sorry for the late update...

Actually, I don't want to rush this story and I don't get enough time to think about it, too...

So, sorry again...

Enjoy...

________________________________

NK and his wife came outside to dining hall. Seeing her dad and sister there, his wife, Naina, spoke in a chirpy tone,

Good Morning, Dad and Khushi.

Khushi glanced up from her plate and glared at her.

See, Dad. She is coming so late and saying GOOD MORNING. Like seriously? Who keeps her little sister waiting and that too for breakfast?!

All three of them burst laughing at her cuteness. Even Khushi smiled. While laughing, all three saw Khushi smiling and silently prayed to God to keep her happy always. She already suffered so much in the past. Now she should be happy only.

Naina wiped the lone tear that threatened to come out, not wanting to sadden the cheerful moment.

(A/N: Introducing Drashti Dhami as Naina Singhania.
P.S: I love Sanaya and Drashti's friendship. They look so cute😍)

Awww. My little sissy is hungry? Come, I will feed you with my hands.

Khushi quickly got up and hugged her.

You are the best Di anyone can get. I love you.

Naina hugged her back.

I love you too. Come now.

Saying they all sat at their respective places and had breakfast. NK looked at Khushi and Naina and smiled.

So, Khushi. Ready for you first day at NKS? How are you feeling? Nervous?

Khushi shooked her head.

No, NK bhai, not at all. In fact I am really excited. After all, I am starting my career life. It's got to be excitement only, I stopped being nervous after...

She left her sentence midway, her eyes held pain which she masked instantly. But who was she kidding? It was her family she was sitting before.

The people who were able to look pass directly through her soul. But mind you, they were the ONLY one now who could do so. Because for the world Khushi Kumari Gupta,

Oh pardon me, did I say Khushi Kumari Gupta?

Well that's wrong, because now she is Khushi SINGHANIA, the younger daughter of the famous business tycoon Mr. Ayan Singhania.

So for the world, Khushi Singhania was changed now. Yes, she was the same bubbly, mischievous, and loving Khushi but now only with her family and close friends. She learned to mask her emotions. She made herself stronger than before. She stopped trusting people. And tried hard to look past their fakeness. And she was successful in all this pretty much.

Ayan cleared his throat, seeing many emotions run pass Khushi's face. He placed his hand on Khushi's. Pressing it slightly, as if giving her strength, he assured her.

What are you waiting for Khushi? Eat quickly and go, get ready fast. You are my daughter, it doesn't mean that I will let you come late at office. Rules are for everyone. Go now.