Chapter 17

Sorry for being late...

Enjoy fellas...

________________________________

Khushi was lying on her bed. Her mind was filled with thoughts of past making her more and more tired. But still she was unable to sleep.

The past was running in front of her eyes like a film. All the bitter sweet moments of her life were playing before her eyes.

Her thoughts went back to the day whe she regained conscious after one month of her operation.

The day when she met her real family, which, according to her, were dead long ago.

FLASHBACK

After some time, Khushi was discharged from the hospital. She was fit and fine but still needed ten foot distance from stress. The doctor assured NK that now she is completely fine and that don't stop her from doing physical movements because she will get better soon by moving around.

Thanking the doctor and staff, NK took Khushi to a beautiful apartment. Looking around and realizing that this is not NK's apartment, she looked at him and said,

Nanheji, Where are we?

NK smiled and got out of the car. Coming to her side, he opened her door and helped her to come out.

Come Khushiji. Just trust me.

Nodding but still confused, she came out of the car.

When Khushi and NK entered, the whole apartment was in darkness. Khushi grasped NK's arm and said in a trembling voice,

N - nanheji. It is so dark.

Ssshh. Calm down Khushiji. I am here na. Don't be afraid. Let me go and check. Wait here.

But Na- nanheji. Khushi tried to stop him but he was already gone. Nanheji. I am scared. Please come here.

And just then the whole apartment lit up and a shout of SURPRISE was heard. Khushi closed her eyes due to the sudden light and then again opened them.

There she saw NK standing with a beautiful girl and beside her stood a man in his late 50's. All were smiling at her.

The whole room was decorated with balloons and there was a cake on the center table.

But Khushi didn't acknowledge all this. All her attention was stuck on one person only. She gazed at him, as if trying to recognize him, to remember him, to believe her eyes that what she is seeing is real, that it's not a dream. Not an illusion. Not any  bubble that will burst.

She stepped forward, all the time keeping her eyes at the man only. Due to which she failed to see the corner of the table. Her knee collided with it and she stumbled a little. Before she fall, a pair of arms secured her, pulling her upward.

She looked up to see beautiful caramel orbs, just like her, staring in her eyes.

Ba - Babuji? She stuttered, unable to believe the person in front of her eyes.

The same man smiled and whispered, Meri beti, and lightly placed a kiss on her forehead. Khushi closed her eyes and gulped her emotions but the tears betrayed her and started flowing on her cheeks. (My daughter.)

Ayan stepped back to look at her face and seeing her crying, he too got teary. He gently cupped her face and wiped her tears while his own tears were falling on his face.