Chapter 41 (Maha Update)

First of all, I am sorry that I reacted a little harsh. I don't know what happened to me suddenly.

Thank you so much for the kind messages...

I hope that you will enjoy this update.

Happy reading.

_______________________________

Arnav looked at Khushi who slightly nodded her head, tightening her hold on his hand. Arnav straightened and pushed open the door. Together, they stepped inside the room of the person responsible for all the mishaps in the past 3 years.

Arnav's gaze moved around the room. The whole place had a gloomy look. The bed was unmade, the breakfast tray lying on it, half eaten. The dressing table was void of any kind of jewelry, perfume or ornaments.

The place looked deserted.

His gaze fell on a figure sitting beside the wardrobe on the floor. Her head was lowered, with hair falling on her face. Arnav turned his head towards Khushi, who slightly nudged him to go near that person.

Arnav nodded his head, he looked back at the person and then without saying anything, he pulled Khushi to his side and hugged her.

I am always with you. He whispered in her ear, making a small smile spread on her face. I know. She whispered back, tightening her hold in him. Now go. She urged him.

Arnav stepped back and made his way towards Anjali. She was rocking slightly and patting something. Arnav kneeled in front of her. His heart broke seeing her state.

Di? A soft sob escaped his lips.

Her body stiffened. Slowly, she raised her head and looked at the person before her. Her eyes widened as she saw Arnav sitting there before her.

Chotte. Tum aa gaye? She said, giving him a small smile. Mein itni der se intezar kr rhi thi. She lowered her eyes, gazing at the thing in her lap. (You came?) (I was waiting for you since ages)

Arnav followed her movement and looked towards her lap. His eyes filled with tears as he saw Anjali holding a small baby doll in her hands, patting it slowly as if to lull her to sleep.

We were waiting for you. She whispered to Arnav, her eyes never leaving the doll. But you made us wait for so long. She raised her eyes, looking directly in Arnav's eyes.

You won't leave us now na? She tilted her head. Arnav frowned seeing a weird glint in her sunken eyes.

I can't stay here. Arnav felt a shiver run down his spine as Anjali stood up. You will leave us? She cradled the baby in her arms, her eyes spitting fire. You will leave me? Your Di?

I- Arnav was about to speak when he saw Anjali's eyes shifting towards his left side. He knew at once what caught Anjali's attention.

It is because of her, haina? She said. The hate was evident in her voice and Arnav felt the need to protect Khushi from her.

You left us before too. She rushed past him. And now again you are - she halted in her place as Arnav stood between her and Khushi.

Don't. He gritted his teeth.
Dont. You. Dare.

You will stop me? Her eyes reflected her anger. YOU will stop me. She again took a step near, throwing away the doll.

Khushi clutched Arnav's arm, afraid of the woman in front of them. Arnav. She whispered in fear.