Chapter 28

Here you go...

________________________________

Aman, what's the situation there?? NK asked through phone as he stood in the hall.

I am afraid not good, sir. He heard Aman's heavy voice from the other side. NK let out a long sigh.

He met his brother after so long, and again, he left everything behind. When Khushi told him the room's incident and Arnav's words, he was broken.

Broken to see his brother like that.

Aman? What will happen now?? NK asked him as he glanced at Khushi standing at the balcony, gazing at the moon.

I don't know NK Sir. He has shut me out too. His voice was laced with pain as he looked at Arnav gazing at moon from his window.

Gulping, NK tightened his hold on phone. Aman, just take care of him. You are all he have for now. His voice cracked and he disconnected the call.

A second later, he received a message reading which a lone tear escaped his eye.

"I will always be there for Arnav, sir"

I know, Aman, I know. He whispered to the silent room. Just then, he felt a hand on his shoulder. He looked behind only to find Ayan standing there with misty eyes.

I know my child, NK. He said as he glanced at Khushi standing in balcony. She is holding herself back from accepting her love. He looked at NK and then slightly nodded his head.

I think it's time we leave for Manchester too. His eyes twinkled whereas NK was stunned.

But, I thought you hate Maliks after what they did to you?? He asked uncertain.

It's high time, NK, that we stop punishing the souls who were never involved in that matter. Whatever happened, happened because of one woman, Garima. And I will make sure that she suffer. He said determined.

And as far as Arnav is concerned, he continued, I think that we should hear him out once too. Without getting into his shoes, we can't and we shouldn't judge his decisions. Right??

NK nodded his head.

And call that girl inside, she will get chill. He added chuckling. NK too smiled and made his way to balcony.

I hope they both find what they want, before it's too late. He prayed silently.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Arnav averted his eyes from the moon. He was standing there for so long that now his back and legs were hurting.

Stretching himself, he turned and lied down on the bed, but at once flinched and turned over his side. The wounds were still sore.

He looked to his left and saw Khushi standing there, gazing at him. He too looked at her, forgetting everything.

Dard ho raha hai?? She whispered kneeling down beside the bed, so that her face was leveled with his. (Is it painful?)

Buhat. He whispered back in a trance. (Very)

Kyn dor chale gai hain ap?? She asked helplessly, her eyes shining with tears in the dim light. (Why you came far?)