Chapter 3 | At Least Try

"My arm hurts..." Jules says, and I look at him.

"Do you think I care? I have greater and more important stuff to worry about than your clawed up arm."

Jules keeps looking at his arm, and Ian keeps pouring water on it.

I'm telling you, these two have been getting on my last nerve. And they've only been here for a day...

"It's getting worse Ms. Doyle. What if his arm falls off-?"

"What grade are you in?! First grade?! Let me see!" I stood from the couch, walking over as I grabbed his arm.

There I could see that the scratch marks were most definitely worse. It was so bad I really felt like barfing this time. No joke, his skin around the arm was almost black. Even his nerves and veins were pulsing and dark blue and purple.

"Haven't you been wrapping it up like I told you to?"

"I...I don't know how-."

"Then ask!! You're like a damn child and now because you are an Omega and was a coward-."

"Being - being an Omega had nothing to do with this." Jules interrupts me quietly, and I glare at him.

"Did you...did you just interrupt me?"

He looked away, Jules shaking his head.

Thought so.

"You're nasty ass arm is obviously not healing. So you're going to have to go to a hospital and vitamins and they can treat it easy. Or, you can still sit here, and let your arm die."

Fear crossed his eyes and he shook his head.

"I want my arm. Ian's wrist healed last night-."

"Maybe because he listened to me and let me wrap it and put alcohol on it. Clean out all the germs. He's smart." Oops. That's the first time I accidentally complimented one of the twins.

"May you please stop interrupting me?"

"No. May you please shut your mouth and follow me."

Jules nods, and Ian stands with him as I grab my car keys.

Great.

Now I gotta drive this fool to the hospital.

But I don't have to...I - I don't want his almost dead arm to rest on my conscious! That's all.

🚑

"It's a good thing you came at the time you did Ms. Doyle, or we would have to have had to have his arm amputated." Dr. Smith had a needle and string in his hand, and Jules looked at it in panic.

"So I won't lose my arm?"

"No. I'm just stitching you up." Dr. Smith duh the needle through skin, making Jules cry out. I folded my arms, Ian holding Jules hand as he started crying.

All the doctor was doing was stitching him up. He gave him medicine.

"Why are you crying?! You have a drug, so it shouldn't hurt."