Chapter 12 | Misunderstood

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! GOBBLE GOBBLE!!! 🐔🐥🦆🦃

*****

Week Later...

"Are you happy to be away from them?" Gabriel asks me. I look at him, thinking about what those two could be doing. I left them alone in my condo and they don't know how to unlock the door so...

"Meh. It's a nice break from babysitting. I still am pissed about you cheating."

Gabriel looks at me, and sighs.

"Okay I cheated-."

"No dur!"

"But I was planning on breaking up with her that day, but you were in the shop that day with the twins. So I couldn't do it cuz I knew you'd slice my cheek out." He smiles, and I grin.

"Either way you knew being caught that I'd slice your cheek at some point in time."

He smiles, rubbing his cheek as if my claw marks were still there.

"I'm sorry about throwing coffee on you as well," I raise one eyebrow as he has a cup of coffee in his hands," That was uncalled for and unprofessional and I don't know what I was thinking. You're my love after all..."

I look at him as he sets down his drink, standing as he sat next to me.

"I love you very much, you know that-."

"Then why'd you cheat on me? When you love someone, you don't cheat on them." I was able to keep calm as he held my hand, kissing my knuckles.

"I was only with her for a month, and broke up with her because I knew that I couldn't be with anyone else but you. I was testing it out, what it would be like not to have you in my life. And it was shit." He chuckled, but I stayed silent.

"But I realized, I can't not have you in my life Adele Doyle. We're both Alphas here," I saw him lean in towards me,"lets do something that we both want."

He started kissing my cheek, and I felt his hands grip my waist.

"You know what I want?" I shoved him into the arm of the couch, straddling him as he had a smirk on his face.

"What?"

"I want you," He began to lean forward," I want you to understand that I have mates now. And those silly fools need me. I need to understand them more, I need to grow up, I need to take out all the poisonous people in my life and fill them with people like them."

When I say this Gabriel looks at me sadly.

"I have no chance...?"

I cradle his cheek, and grin.

"No way in hell."

I get off his lap, yawning as I heard him stand too.

"I get it! What I did was wrong-!"

"You're real persistent today."

"Yes - but I did all this because I love you!"

"I bet." I turn around, walking backwards as I wanted to leave. It's obvious inviting him here was not a wise choice on my part.

"Well it's too bad that you didn't bite me. If you did, we wouldn't be in this predicament."

I faced forward, grabbing my car keys.

"I bet you haven't even bit them yet!" He shouts, and I freeze.

He's right... I haven't bit them yet. I completely forgot that they can't bite me and claim me as their mate... I have to...