Chapter 16 | Arguments

"I see you have channeled in your inner bitch." Danny tells me, and I roll my eyes.

"If I had channeled my 'Inner Bitch,' than why am I making sandwiches and bringing juice for your captives?" I challenge, and he mocks me.

"Nobody asked you to do that-."

"I asked myself. And I am quite disappointed that you'd take Edward away from Yale when he's pregnant."

Danny wrapped his arm around Ian's shoulder, making him sneer.

"You act like you guys have been friends for forever. If he knew you were related to me he'd hate you."

I growl, making him quiet down.

"He already knows we're related. I told him-."

"Stupid."

"But I made a deal with him that he could see Yale - if he agrees to something of mine."

"No!!!" He cried, gulping down the rest of his water." It ruins the whole point! You keep them separated until they give in!"

"Isn't that cruel?" I grin, looking to see Jules with his arms folded." To keep a man separated from his pregnant Mate? Especially at the time when your primitive to protect them at all cost kicks in? That's just evil."

Danny bows, making Jules sneer in disgust.

"I love the shower of compliments-."

"It's not a compliment. If you had been down there with us he was screaming that he'd give you any amount of money to go back with his Mate. You're just being difficult."

Danny started scratching his temple, and when he does that - which is rare - that means he knows he's been cornered and doesn't know how to get out the corner.

"I have never once heard him say that. And if he did he was probably like 'let me go home first then I'll give you money!' Like, really? You must be stupid, then he really won't give me money."

"You don't need money! What about Adele's business! Ask her for money-."

"Here's the point shrimpy," Danny hissed, and I growled as he was about to get close to them, then he backed up," The deal here is, I'm supposed to rob them of everything. They have it all! The looks, the money, the everything! Even their Mafia group is number one and here I am rocking at third! If I take all of their power and or keep him here forever or kill him - it'll show I'm number one! That if I got rid of him, I am unstoppable!"

He ranted, his blue eyes blazing at them.

But Ian chuckled, nodding towards us.

"You sound more crazy than our Mate."

I snort, knowing that he's right about that. Danny's kind and sarcastic, but he's crazy and manipulative.

"Well, I'm goin' down." I grabbed the plate with sandwiches and 7UP, walking to where they were.

The twins trailed behind me, and I slowed down as we went up the stairs together and they bumped the banister. The wall moved out of place, and we started going down the stairs.

"Adele...please set them free..." Jules begged, and I sighed.

"It's not that easy. You don't get how the Mafia world works. I barely do as it is... I'm only learning."

When we get down to the place, I open the door to see Edward breathing heavily. Tears streaming down his face, and it looked like Clover was sleeping.

"Why are you crying?" I ask, setting down the food as he wipes the tears away.

"It's not me. Yale is crying and it's...breaking my heart, I can't help it." He cries some more, and I find myself squatting next to him as he wrist already healed. But his blood is dried up on the ground.

"What will make you feel better?"

"Going home!" He wailed.

"I can't let you go right now," He cries some more, and I've never I'd see Edward Jones cry like this, but he can't help it..." But...I'll be your friend-."

"No!" He boomed, and I was surprised Clover still didn't wake up." You and your psychotic brother have a choice. You can hold me hostage here until Yale finds me and he tears you two to shreds. Or you can take me to him and everyone's happy."

All his tears dry, hatred pouring in and I wished he knew I didn't know about this until yesterday. I'm not like Danny, I'm not in his Mafia.

"Adele's not in his Mafia." I hear Ian in the back of me say. I jump, looking as he nods.

I look back to Edward, and his facial features softened.

"You aren't?"

"No...I own a business that my father passed to me... I'm just his younger sister..." Why am I getting shy now?!

"This changes things." He sat up, grabbing the sandwich with his free hand, biting into it.

"We can help you get out of here!" Jules says excitedly, running to Edward as he sat beside him. Ian sitting with them. Making me see how much bigger Edward is.

"Would your Mate allow that?" He asks, and they look at me." So far to me, it seems she's on a crossroad, and doesn't know where to cross."

I fall onto my bottom, sitting on the ground. I chewed my lip, thinking on what Danny said.

"I don't want my brother to kill you..." I whisper, and Edward smiles.

"You're saying that because you know who I am and I have a family that needs me. You know what he is doing is wrong. You just are afraid to admit it. Well, I have a plan."

I look up at him, the twins looking excited as they were about to embark on a dark world.

"This plan involves you and these two. Without you two it won't work. Will you do this?"

"Yes!" Jules saluted.

"Yes." Ian nodded.

I sighed, looking between the two of them then my eyes settling on Edwards.

"Okay."

😲

Hmm...

If I say anything I might give it away.

Luv ya!!!! 😁😜🤪🔥🙈🦄