Chapter 26 | Sad Blues

I look at Jules, seeing him sleeping on my lap as Ian lays on my shoulder. The chauffeur driving the car as we go to a beach.

One way to get closer - I'm guessing - is doing things they like. They said they slept on beaches...or is that insensitive?

"The thought behind it counts." I flinch, seeing Ian sitting up as he yawned. Making me grin as he didn't take offense to what I was thinking.

"Yeah, but it's a horrible thing to think about."

"It's in the past. You helped Jules and me out of it all, so that's all that matters."

"But in the process of it all I was a bitch." I mutter, and he shrugs.

"Exactly," he agrees, making me frown," But I still love you."

I grin, but still feel like there's something missing.

I bet anyone can agree on the fact that I don't particularly deserve them. I've come to the realization that I don't deserve them whatsoever.

These cute little twins deserve better, but they got stuck with a devil like me.

"That's quite an opinion." Ian murmurs, and look to see him looking at me. Looking curious yet lost.

"Yep, it's how I feel."

Ian frowns, scooting closer to me as he pushed Jules off my lap. Having him roll onto the floor and I had to hold back myself from laughing. And Jules was still sleeping...

"He's my brother I can shove him," He explains, smiling as he suddenly did what Jules usually does. Sitting on my lap as he looked at me, resting his head on my shoulder and curling up into a ball.

I suddenly feel my cheeks getting warm, because Ian has never done this before...

"Adele, can you answer a question I've been meaning to ask for a while now?"

I nod, wrapping my arms around him as I pull him close. Jules still sleeping on the floor, but his arms seemed to have wrapped around my ankles.

"Yes; I'll answer anything you ask me." I say, making him grin.

"I kinda resented you for awhile...but why did you treat Jules and me like that? We're your Mates and you should love us with all your heart...why did you do us like that?" He asks, and I bite my lip as I graze my lips on his forehead.

"I'm sorry Ian..." I croak, watching as he sits up, looking at me with a melancholy grin.

"Just some time..." He whispered, looking away as he shrugged. Trying to act like it was nothing, but it was truly everything...

"Ian..." I grab his hand and he slides off my lap.

"It's-."

"What is this depressing-ness I am hearing?!" Jules interrupts, sitting up as he stretched. Climbing back on the seat next to me as he popped his neck.

I glance at Ian, seeing him looking out the window and not even looking at me now. I apologized and this is what I get?

Folding my arms, I glare forward as I am pissed at his reaction.

"Ian did you shove me on the floor?"

"Yeah, why?"

"My back is killing-."

I block them out as they argue, trying to consider their side. My psychologist - that I'm still sadly seeing - said to try to see it in their own twisted perspective.

That I am incapable of thinking sincerely and thoughtful, that I have psychopathic tendencies. Which is utter bull! I'm normal, just a little unique.