Chapter 24 | Undermined

"I'm happy at least you come here everyday." I thank, looking at Gabriel as he smiles. Passing me some food from the mess hall.

"Of course I would! What do you take me for?"

A cheater. I said in my head, but I just smile as I take his food.

"How am I doing?" I ask him, and he leans towards the progress sheet.

"Slow progress... Not getting any better...only-."

"Worse. That word and I have becomes best friends."

Gabriel chuckles, and I look at the food.

"You and I could-."

"Never!" I snap, and his face becomes pink in embarrassment.

"I mean..." I clear my throat." I'm not going to be with anyone right now."

"Seriously?! Not even your own Mates?!" I freeze, my body going rigid when I see the door come open. The twins stand there, smiling as Ivo walks around them quickly.

Jules smiles, and Ian grins happily.

I was waiting for my heart to skip a beat. To be happy. But all I did was stare.

"Why did you come now?" I whimper, and they look at one another in panic." Of all the times you could've come - you come when I feel the most like shit? This was your plan all along - it's cool..." I set my food tray on the table.

"Adele! We came to be with you! Our hearts our...our hearts are hurting too..."

I stared at them, and I began to realize that they didn't seem to care. Their fake sadness and the way the tried to feel bad for me...

"Get out."

I look away from them, Ivo looking at me with raised eyebrows. The twins looked at one another in confusion.

"But - but isn't your heart broken? We can fix this-."

"You both weren't planning on coming here. Ivo got you two to come-." I flash a quick glare at him and look back-." I'm not stupid."

The two of them fold their arms.

"You can either accept us being here and want to be with us and start over. Or you can be all pissed off over nothing-."

"This isn't nothing and don't you dare undermine my feelings." I hiss, and they pale.

"Fine. I'll choose this time. You both chose for me, my turn. No. I rather be lonely than have you two force yourselves to come to me or come because someone is forcing you-."

"We came on our own accord! This is the right thing to do-."

"Exactly. You aren't doing it because you want to. Your doing it because 'it's the right thing to do.'" I repeat, and they fidget.

Awkward silence fills the room. I look at them and they look at me.

Jules looks at me sadly, Ian's eyes almost pleading it seemed. But I stayed put.

I want them to stay. I want us to be Mates again... But in their own time. It's clear that Ivo has some fault in this...

"Get out." I say one more time, and they shake their heads.

"No-."

"I said get out. I don't want you in here."

"But your heart-."

"Fuck my heart! I mean come on," I narrowed my eyes at Jules, his words coming back to me. Because than, they wanted to hurt me, and they succeeded," You two broke our Bond and then think you can come back; believing I'll let you in with open arms. Well, you were mistaken. So. Get. Out."