Chapter 2

Chapter Two

(Natalie's Pov)

-------------------------------------

I wake to the sound of Lachlan's voice. A sweet, Australian accent to go with his sweet personality.

"Natalie!"

I prop myself up on my elbows and look across the room at the computer, his face is flasjed across the screen as may I just say he does not look amused. I push the covers off me and walk back over to my desk. "You fell asleep!" He groans.

"Sorry?" I questioned.

His arms fly up in the air and back down with a loud slam. "Stop saying sorry! You have said sorry like fifteen times this past hour."

"Sorry, I must be really annoying." I apologize, not thinking. He covers his face with his hands as if to cover a blush. "We have work to do." He spins himself in circle. "Do you want to go grab a milkshake with me? I really want a milkshake."

"My Mom isn't home, but I guess I could give her a call." I shrug and pull out my phone. "Well, hurry!" He shouts.

Damn he really does want a milkshake.

I put my phone up against my ear and wait for a answer. "Hello?"

"Hi, Mom? Uh- Can I go hang out with Lachlan." I ask, even though I already know the answer. "Honey, we talked about this. I don't-"

"What am I going to do? Kill somebody? Mom, we are just friends." I sigh into the phone. "Alright, as long as you are home before 10." She replies.

"Okay, love you."

"Love you too."

I slide my phone back into my pocket and tap my fingers on the desk. "I'm aloud."

"Woah, lets all take a moment to celebrate your Mom actually letting you do something! YEAH! GO NATALIE'S MOM!" He claps his hands obnoxiously. Once he finally stops all his clapping he says,"I'll be at your house in five minutes!"

"Alright, see you then!" I smile and watch as his face vanishes off my computer screen.

Luckily, he came exactly five minutes later, so I didn't have to worry about what might go wrong any longer.

Several turns later we pull up to some diner I have never been to. It's so small and adorable!

"Sweet Henry's." I read the sign aloud.

"That must be a really sweet guy named Henry." Lachlan laughs at my remark and opens my door for me. I jump out of his truck and walk towards the door, forgetting to thank him.

"Thank you for not dressing all fancy. Everyone seems to make me look bad." He says as he puts his arm around me. "No problem. I kinda just threw on a jacket." shrugged looking down at my outfit of choice, not my best looking outfit.

"As long as you brushed your teeth I'm fine." He smiles and sits down at a booth. "That's why your breath always smells so minty!" I remark in a odd excited tone that surprised me. "What?" He raises his eyebrow. For a second I just stare back at him, heat arising to my cheeks

"Nothing."

"Hey Lachlan!" A girl walks up to our table. The same girl I can never recognize.

"Oh, Hey Lacey! I forgot you worked here!" The way he said his words were really strange. There was a smile on his face and the his tone was very peppy but, his body language said otherwise.

"You would've known if you pay attention at lunch." She crosses her arms over her chest, taking note of his lack to remember things. "I can't. All you ever talk about is your hair! You should talk about something like, uh. Like games!" He raises his hands in the air. "What video games?" She jeers. "Minecraft!? That stupid block game is for losers and my boyfriend is not a loser!"