Chapter 19

Chapter Nineteen

(Natalie's Pov)

I wake up, feeling free.

Last night I officially graduated.

Goodbye high school.

I said some stupid, clichè speach because I was the class valedictorian. People seemed to enjoy it so I think I did well.

Lachlan finished right below me, claiming his spot as 3rd in the class.

Just last year he was 16th.

Words can't explain how proud I am of him, even though half his homework was done by me.

I didn't mind. His homework was easy.

I only have a few months left with Lachlan. Today Mitch, Jerome, and Madi all left for L.A. Jerome was the only one that cared enough to tell me goodbye and good luck. Preston will be leaving next month and, I surprisingly, will miss him, like a lot.

EARLIER

Jerome stood in my doorway, smiling at my presence. "I think I will miss you most."

"Awe, really!?" I bring him inside, smiling back. "No," He laughs at my foolishness. "I just wanted to see if you would believe me."

"Well, just so you know I won't miss you." I reply sarcastically, pushing him slightly. "I wish I could stay and talk but, I am already running late."

We exchange a hug them he gives me a awkward kiss. That not even a second kiss you usually receive from relatives you absolutely hate but, I didn't hate Jerome, he wasn't completely terrible.

Then he leaves and It's sad to say I didn't feel something missing.

PRESENT

My phone buzzes because of a text someone has sent me.

Two text messages from Lachlan.

They read:

•Happy anniversary my one and only love of my life! just woke up so you can stop thinking I am a terrible boyfriend.

•Remember when you threw up all over the gym floor? I was that super attractive blonde-haired boy that took you to the nurses office and, put my number in your phone. Remember our first kiss? It started with a dare to kiss the prettiest girl in the room and I chose you. If I had that same dare again I would still kiss you.

Remember your first time on my roof? I could feel your warmth. You were so close. Mostly because you were scared for your life. Anyways... Do you remember that? I miss that closeness. Remember our first date? It was at a fancy restaurant

on Topsail Island. You finally seen me shirtless. Finally do you remember the day you took my virginity? I sure as hell remember it. Pleasure was given. Honestly, you could be the worst person to have sex with ever but, quite frankly, you are the only person I've had sex with so.. Yeah.. Now that I have probably made you feel awkward I just want to tell you that I love you and that I truly will miss you when you go off to college in a few weeks. I have no regrets. Giving up smoking was worth loving you.

Love your super sexy Australian lover, Lachlan ; the one and only.

P.S there will be a nice surprise at your doorstep at 7 o'clock sharp. Be ready and looking hot (;

So when the clock hit 7:00, I opened my door, making sure to look nice and "hot."

There was a note sitting on my doorstep, folded up neatly and taped to the ground. I picked it up and read: