Chapter 15

Chapter Fifteen - DEDICATED TO JAESSA (TOTALLYRECKLESS) BECAUSE OF FUTURE REFERENCE!! GO READ HER BOOK NEVERLAND PLZ!

(Jerome's Pov)

FIVE MONTHS LATER

Lachlan and Natalie were still together but, Madi and I had decided it was over almost two months ago.

Mostly because I had hung out with the 'Enemy'. (Natalie, Lachlan, and Preston)

"The deadly trio."

Sometimes Madi sneaks out just to see me. I rarely see her nowadays because I am always with one of the guys but, when we do get to be alone. I warp my arms around her and we sit in silence.

It's nice those days.

Last night was one of those days but, her embrace was a bit tighter, the kiss was longer, and her words were more truthful.

Whenever it's late at night when its time to say quite goodbyes. She always kisses me and says that I am very badly missed.

I set my lunch on the table and swing my legs over the bench. "So, what's up?"

"Mitch and Madi still refuse to talk to us but, that's no big surprise." Preston replies with a slight laugh at the end.

They sat at the complete other side of the cafeteria with a random group of people we didn't know.

Natalie rolls her eyes as she takes a bite of an apple that is already softening. "It has been what 4, 5 months? Seriously."

"Who can blame them?" Preston begins. "Lachlan was kinda of a douche."

"Talking about me, huh?" Lachlan asks with a cheeky grin on his face as he sits down next to Natalie. "When do we not?" I reply sarcastically.

"Our little Lachy is the talk of the town!" Preston exclaims, making Lachlan smirk and slap his back. "You bet I am!"

"What about you Jerome? What has been going on in Jerome Aceti's life?" Natalie asks me while Lachlan kisses her cheek.

"Nothing. Absolutely nothing."

It was truly the opposite. Everything was happening all at once.

Madi had found out she had a miscarriage.

Mitch tried to punch me when Madi finally told him that the baby was mine and not his.

Basically I've had the best friend drama of Mitch and Madi to deal with.

So, whenever somebody asks me "What's up?" I just reply something stupid beause its better than trying to explain about this love triangle that really isnt one because Madi does not love Mitch. They are

Just Friends.

LAST NIGHT

I opened my door to a crying Madi, her mascara running down her face. She doesn't say word, her arms wrap around my torso.

"Madi, whats wrong?" I ask, holding her tightly in my ams. She can barely stop crying long enough to tell me what was the matter.

"The baby," she repeats over and over. "Shh, what about the baby?"

"The baby..." She pauses and pulls out her phone, crying as she types.

My phone dings, signalling I got a text.

Madi;

I had a miscarriage. Mitch had to take me for a checkup so, I didn't have a choice. I told him the baby was yours.

"What'd he do?" I ask, knowing theres more. " and... Well, he slapped me.

"Thats it!" I shout, banging my fists into the wall. "I am done! If he seriously thinks he can treat you this way he is surely mistaking! I am going to fucking kill him!"

"Jerome," She says intertwining our fingers.

"I'm okay now."

Our lips meet, almost making me completely forget about Mitch. "You should stay with me tonight," I suggest, kissing her collarbone. She squeezes my hand. "My parents would kill me!" I twirl her around, "Lets run away together!"

She smiles for the first time in forver. "I'd love that Mr. Aceti." I kiss her cheek,"Where do you wish to go Mrs. Bornstine?"

"Neverland."

(Lachlan's Pov) PRESENT DAY

"You have a boring life!" Preston laughs at Jerome, slapping his hands on the cafertia table. "Well, Preston, all you do is play video games but, I actually do productive things like-I don't know. College aplications!"

Our table rises with "Oooh's" and laughter.

"What about you Lachlan?" Jerome asks me, raising his eyebrow right before he takes a bite out of his roll.

"You know, hanging out with Natalie, doing homework, and playing video games."

*LAST NIGHT*

I sat down on the bed and before I could do anything she got on my lap and started kissing me again. Her fingers slid over the buttons of my shirt. "Go ahead," I say in almost a whisper.

"I've missed you Lacey."