Chapter 3

Chapter Three

(Natalie's Pov)

----------------------------------------

Lachlan's car comes to a stop. I wish that I could hear the rumble of the engine for just another minute.

My hands are shaking and I can barely get a word out. "L-Lachlan, I c-can't do this." He looks over at me and gives me a reassuring smile. "It's just a party."

Yeah a party with alcohol, druggies, and intense make out sessions. For some reason his simple words work their magic on me and I find myself unbuckling my seatbelt. My door swings open and Lachlan stands right by the door, his hand reaching for mine. I grab it and leap out of his truck.

"What did you end up telling your Mom?" He asks. I shrug like I didn't know the answer to the question. "I just told her that I went to the school for a speech and debate meeting."

"But, speech and debate is over."

"I know. My mom doesnt know that." I smirk at my deviousness. "Nice one!" He nudges my shoulder, like a proud father would do to his son.

We walk inside the house and the music could not be any louder.

"Lachlan!" A random guy shouts.

I have never seen so many people in one place. This is insane.

After Lachlan is done talking to the random guy he walks me over to another group.

"I'll be back soon. For right now stay with these guys. They are really nice." He says over the music. "Take good care of her fellas."

And just like that, Lachlan left me. I just sat there awkwardly, half admiring my surrounding and half waiting for one of the guys to say something interesting..

The boys looked vaguely familiar. I knew they had to be some of Lachlan's "buddies."

A girl holds a silver plate in front of my face. On it was some chocolate chip cookies. The guys said no, but I was starving so, I took one.

Who could pass up a cookie?

One of the two boys laughed as I started to bite into the cookie.

(Lachlan's Pov)

"Lachlan." Lacey giggles as I kiss and bite her neck.

The door swings open and I immediately stop and look across the room, hoping it is not Natalie.

Preston stands awkwardly in the doorway. "Sorry for, uh, interrupting whatever this is. Your little friend you brought here is a little..." He trails off. "A little?" I question as Lacey kisses me.

"She's a little high."

"You're kidding me." I laugh, thinking its a joke. "No my friend, I am not."

"I'm so dead. Okay, uh Lacey can you stop for one second?" I snap.

"Lachy, don't worry about her. She is such a bit-"

"Shut the hell up!" I shout.

I run from to door. "She's so dead. I'm dead! Goddamn it!"

Preston and I head downstairs where Natalie is. She is surrounded by a bunch of people who couldn't be anymore amused. I watch as she stumbles around, laughing at herself.

"Jerome catch me!" She squeals and falls backwards into his arms.

She holds her head as she stands back up. "That was like some crazy trust exercise!"