Chapter 14

Chapter Fourteen

(Madi's Pov)

The water turned completely red from the blood that covers my arm. I slowly picked up my knife again and, put it back down, thinking better of it. This wasn't an attempt.

2 cuts per arm once a week.

My arm is the canvas and the razor blade is the paint brush that creates the blood a.k.a paints.

My phone rang for the fifteenth time this past ten minutes. It was Jerome every time..

Five minutes past and my door opens and Jerome enters. "My fucking god Madi. You could've answered my calls!"

I smile and close my book that I had barely gotten a page into. "I didn't feel like it. How did you get in anyways?" He brings me into an embrace. "I have a key, remember?"

"Right.."

He just held me in his arms, staring into my eyes. "I love you."

"I love you too."

I said in a hushed voice. "And, I really mean it."

"I know you do.." He replies and finally kisses me.

(Preston's Pov)

TWO WEEKS AGO - THE PLAN

I sit in Mitch's car, the engine still running. "This isn't right Mitch. To sabotage their relationship already!? They just started dating!"

"So, what!? Do you know what's going to happen at the end of this school year? They are going to go their separate ways! Natalie will go off to college and Lachlan will stay. You think he will content with being alone!? Natalie will be out of the picture before you can say goodbye."

He has a point but, not a very good one. I will not let Lachlan go to another girl. "Then the same thing is going to happen to you and Madi. Oh, wait.. She's dating Jerome." The look on his face is priceless. Pure anger and defeat spread throughout him. "I'm not you Mitch.. I can't ruin anybody's relationship. Don't act like I don't know.."

"Just get the hell out of my car, Preston." He demands, unlocking the doors. I glare at him and step out of his car.

I watch as he drives down the road, leaving me in Natalie's driveway.

At this point I can't walk home so I really don't have a choice anymore.

I knock on Natalie's front door, hoping nobody is home but, there are lights on inside the house. Her mother answers the door with a smile. "Hello! Preston is it? Natalie is upstairs."

I smile back to make a good impression. "Thanks Mrs. James."

The stairs creak as I walk up them, making it very notifiable that somebody was coming up.

Natalie sits in her bed, a phone up to her ear. She looks at me as she continues to talk to whoever is on the other line. "Lacey I'll call you back. Preston is here. Okay? Bye."

She tosses her phone done and breaths out. "What are you doing here? Is Lachlan with you?"

"No.. He actually didn't show up to school." I lied. "Oh maybe he's sick. That'd make sense since he hasn't answered any of my call this past few hours."

"He hasn't answered any of my calls either." This was the truth. He didn't answer anybody's call except Madi's. She was very rude to him though. I watched her as she told Lachlan to not call her again.

"I'll go to his house and see if he's okay if you want?" I suggest, rubbing her back for moral support. "Aw, thanks Preston! You are seriously the best. I would go with you but, I just have so much homework." She smiles and gives me a small hug, the girly things.

"It's fine. I'd do anything for you, Natalie." I can't think of anything else to say so, I press my lips against hers. The kiss lasted only three seconds but, it was long enough to displease her.

"Why'd you just do that!?" She says in almost a shout. "Why'd I just do that!?"

"Natalie-" I began but, she cuts me off by pushing me off her bed. "Get out of my house Preston." She says it softly not harshly. Hurt but, not distraught. "I didn't mean to hurt you, I promise!"

She starts to cry, tears roll down her cheeks, and she hides her face in her hands. "Just get out!"

All I can say is, "Natalie," feeling guilty. She throws a pillow at me. "God damn it! Get out Preston!!" And, I do.

I leave her property and call Mitch to pick me up.

"It's done."

"Good. Was that so hard?" He asks in a evil type tone. "Yes Mitch! It was hard! Now tell me what's next before I find you and pop your car tires!"

"Next?" He questions. "All I want from you now is to convince Madi that Jerome isn't 'Right for her,' or some stupid shit."

(Authors Notes)

I will be posting a new story soon so, look out for that!

It's getting close to the end so That mean question times.

•What do you think is going to happen next chapter?

•What do you want to happen next chapter?

And for the old memories

Team Mitch or Jerome

plus

Team Preston or Lachlan