Chapter 5

Chapter Five
(Natalie's Pov)
-----------------------------------------

"Skipped class!" My mom shouts.

"Natalie May James what is going on with you? This past month almost every weekend you come home drunk-"

"It's just a little fun that's all," I say hoping that she will understand.

"Then how do you explain this?" She asks angrily and tosses a pack of cigarettes on the kitchen counter.

I open the box,"It a metaphor. You put the killing thing right in between your teeth, but you don't give it the power to do its killing. A metaphor," I shrug.

"Stop it with your book nonsense! What is wrong with you!?" She shouts.

"They aren't mine," I reply.

"Then who do they belong to?" She asks angrily.

"I don't know."

"Don't act like I don't know. Your trying to keep Lachlan from me," She taps her fingernails on the counter making me cringe.

"Please don't mention his name," I sigh.

She gives me a confused look. Obviously not understanding the message.

"He told me to stay away from him. That I was just a nerd who tries to be cool," I cover my face with my hands and sigh into them.

"And you know what else?" I ask as tears blur my vision,"He said In front of everybody that I was a sad little virgin with no one that cares about me. And to top it all off he told everyone about dad."

"He didn't!" My mom gasped.

"He did Mom, he really did. I haven't gone a day without someone making jokes about it," I reply trying to keep myself from crying.

- Earlier In The Week -

We all sit at the unsanitary cafeteria. tables. Madi, Preston, and Mitch sit next to each other on one side while Me, Jerome, Lachlan, and Lacey on the other. Lacey is just whispering in Lachlan's ear and giggling, not even caring about any of us.

"She was so amazing. It was-"

Madi sets her tray on the table and crushes Mitch's foot when she sits down,"What ever happened to keeping it a secret?"

"Keeping what a secret? I was talking about Abby, my girlfriend," He replies.

"Asshole," Madi mutters.

"Wait a second. WAIT A SECOND! You-" Jerome begins.

"No," Mitch rejects immediately.

"And Madi-"

"Nope."

"Yes! Mitchell!!!" Jerome slaps his hands in the table.

"You guys will be the perfect Match," Preston says and wiggles his eyebrows.

"Until one of you dies," Jerome says and forks his peas.

"That's a downer," Madi rests her head on her hand and shovels a pile of almonds into her mouth.

"It could happen. Car accident, cancer, suicide. The possibilities are endless!" He explains.

Madi shifts around uncomfortably. Obviously offended by the conversation for same unknown reason. Mitch quickly senses it and grabs her hand for relief.

"Anyways," Mitch clears his throat,"Now the only virgins are Lachlan and Natalie," He wiggles his eyebrows at me.

"Ew, no!" I immediately push away the idea.