Chapter 6

Chapter Six (Natalie's Pov)
--------------------------------------

SIX MONTHS LATER

"Come on Natalie go on vacation with us," Preston nudges me a bit as we walk.

"My mom would never let me go on vacation with the four of you," I reply.

"Natalie," Madi groans,"You can't leave me with them all alone!"

"I have college applications to finish," I shrug.

"You got to be kidding me. Natalie you aren't even a senior yet! Lachlan remarked.

The wind whirls my hair all over the place as I try to think of a good excuse.

"I would rather just-" I began, but was interrupted by Preston.

"It would give you two some romance together. Since you are a couple."

A loud laugh escapes my lips,"We aren't together!"

Lachlan covers his face with his hands. Embarrassed as hell,"I didn't ask her yet, Preston."

"I-I wa-was talking about Mitch and Madi," He stutters.

"We aren't together either," Mitch laughs.

"Oh my god!" He throws his hands in the air.

"You have the worst luck Preston," I say trying to get my mind of the fact Lachlan was going to ask me to be his girlfriend.

There's a weird flick and a smell of smoke that I have heard and smelled way to much.

"Lachlan's smoking again," Madi groans.

"Sorry not sorry," He shrugs and breaths out a cloud of grey smoke.

"You're disgusting," She rolls her eyes.

"How many have you smoked just today?" Mitch asks.

"I don't know a pack?" He replied and continued to puff on his cigarette.

"You're going to die," Madi says harshly.

I awkwardly pull a cigarette from Lachlan's pack and light it as silently as I can.

"Not you too!" She shouts.

"First drinking now smoking! What have you done to this poor child Lachlan!"

"It's not my fault she picked up my bad habits," He defended himself.

"And she's not a child! Natalie is older than you."

"You don't have to be so rude about it Madi. Everyone has bad habits they can't control," Mitch scowls at her.

"Anyways," Madi rolls her eyes,"Mitch, Preston, Lachlan, and I all are going to Topsail Island. It will be fun!"

"I-I should be get back home," I say and flick my cigarette to the ground and step on it.

"Remember to tell your mom," Mitch says joyfully like I just told him I was going to a candy store.

"I will walk you home," Lachlan says.

"You don't need to do that."

"Yes I do!" He shouts.

"Okay then. Lets go," I reply.

"Wait Natalie," Madi grabs my arm.

"Yeah?"

"I know you've been watching my videos," She whispers.

"I haven't," I reject.

"Don't lie to me!"