Chapter 8

Chapter Eight (Natalie's Pov)
-------------------------------------------

I sit next to a sleeping, shirtless, Lachlan. His chest rising and falling as he lets out small snores.

I close the book I was reading and do what every girl would do. I slide back underneath the covers, curl up next to him, and rest my head on his chest.

As much as I love that it isn't weird anymore I can't help but, think about how much our friendship changed last night.

YESTERDAY

"So, you and Mitch are okay?" I ask Madi as she stares down at her bowl of cereal.

"I guess. Last night was so pathetic. Basically all the fighting was that we loved each other. It was stupid," She replied.

"Have you told your parents?"

"I told my Mom. It was all quite confusing. I guess I'm going to have to send it to a adoption center to grow up with someone that isn't me. I guess I'm to unstable but, I don't want to give it away. This boy or girl won't get to know me. I don't want the poor kid thinking,'what did I do wrong?' Nothing. Just two teenagers made a stupid decision," She explained to me.

I take a bite out of my toast and say,"It must be hard."

She raises her eyebrow at me and walks over to the sink,"It must be hard," I repeat,"Keeping so many things a secret. If you need anything, Madi. I am always here."

She nods her head, walks to the hallway, and disappears in her room.

"Natalie!" Lachlan shouts,"Do you want to come to the beach with me!?"

I walk to his room. He pushes his tank top over his stomach,"I have never seen you shirtless," I say and flick his tank top.

He smirks at me,"Do you want to?"

"No, I was just saying," I roll my eyes at his response.

He slips his fingers between the hem of his tank top and smooths it out. He looks up at my reflection through the mirror,"Why is it weird when a guy says that but, when a girl says it its normal."

I sit at the edge of his bed and flip my hair off my shoulder,"Guys are perverts."

He turns so, he is facing me and smiles. "What?" I ask as I swing my legs back and forth. His smile turns into laughter. He shakes his head and replies with a simple,"Nothing."

I leap off the bed and say,"I am going to see if Preston wants to come."

I open the door to Preston's room slowly and step inside the small crack. The floor creaks beneath my feet as I walk closer to the lump underneath the covers. I shove the lump and scream,"Preston!"

The covers rise and his face appears. He wipes the gunk from his eyes and look at me,"What!?"

"Do you want to come down to the beach with Lachlan and I?" I ask as he stretches his arms out.

"No." He blinks at me for a moment a returns underneath the covers. Once I start to close the door he give a groggy shout,"Don't wake me up until 3pm!"

I slide out of his room and close the door behind me. Once I shout Preston's answer, I go into the bathroom and change into my bathing suit.

"Ready?" Lachlan asks me, smiling, as usual. I give a simple nod back and we walk together down to the beach.

The sand is so hot it stings my feet so, I am practically forced into the water.

"I've been meaning to ask you something Natalie," Lachlan says filling to silence.