Chapter 13

Chapter Thirteen (Lacey's Pov)

Freshman Year

I open my door, letting in the crisp fall air, to a smiling Lachlan. His outfit of choice is a dark grey v-neck with a jacket over it, light wash jeans, and worn out converse.

"I didn't know what to wear." He admitted with a slight laugh, his nervousness very noticeable. "You on the other hand look... Woah."

A blush arises onto my cheeks so, I look down so he won't notice but, it is clear that he did when another nervous laugh escapes his lips.

You'd think because we've been dating for almost a year that we would have already been on a first date but, our parents said we were to young to go on actual dates. When he walks me home is probably the closest thing to a real date we have had.

"Do you two need a ride?" My mother pipes up way to cheerfully. I roll my eyes. "No mother."

She fixes my straightened hair,"Okay... Be home by 8!"

"It's 25 minutes past eight ma'am," Lachlan corrects her. "Then be home by ten!"

"Mom! Seriously. I know," I hide my face in my hands, embarrassed.

She kisses my forehead. "Alright.. Well... Love you. Have fun! Not too much fun! Make sure-"

I interrupt her annoyed. "Bye!!"

Before she can say anything else, I close the door. "Sorry about my mom. She can be annoying sometimes." He smiles, "Nah, I like your mom. She's cool.."

"So, what do you have planned?" I ask him, holding his hand. "Well, I figured since we both have already ate dinner that we can just get some desert."

"Sounds great!"

Lachlan ended up taking me to this really cute, little, restaurant called Sweet Henry's just so I could have a chocolate milkshake because that is my favorite.

As soon as we sit down a girl asks,"What can I get for you?"

He holds up to fingers"Two chocolate milkshakes please."

She scribbles it down on her notepad, "I will get that right out!"

She only takes a few steps then stops. "Hey Lacey! I didn't notice you were there."

"Well, now you know I'm here."

She walks away, leaving Lachlan and I alone.

It took barely three minutes until we got the milkshakes "Two chocolates milkshakes," The server announced.

She sets mine down first then Lachlan's. Making sure to lean over the table to show him her cleavage. He awkwardly looks in the other direction. "Do you mind getting me a ice water?"

"No! Not at all!" She giggles and walks off to get his water.

"Why water?" I ask him. "To wash out all the chocolate from my teeth. Why not?"

"You're very strange," I smile at him, shaking my head.

The obnoxious girl sets down his water on the table,"Here's your water, darling."

Lachlan thanks her and continues to talk to me about random things like calculus homework and the latest news as to where his dad is located.

He goes to take a sip of his water but, the glass slips out of his hands, falls to its side, and water seeps over the table.

He moves out of the booth before all the water is able to reach him but, not in enough time to not make it look like he peed himself.

Lachlan can't seem to get out a word he was so embarrassed."I am so salty right now."