Derrick

Chapter 5

The fun fair wasn't bad at all. I actually had fun shopping with Denise. She's truly a force of nature. Always friendly and my God. The girl can laugh! She giggles way too much and always has something to say. She kept babbling about us not inviting Tyler to join us and he was probably bored alone somewhere.
I pointed out to her continuously till I just ignored her that Tyler prefers working out on Sundays.
She argued on that it was quite bad on our part not to have invited him at all and blah blah..
Mehn! I like Denise and its never boring around her, but she can practically dig a hole in one's head with all her talking!

While heading to try out dresses she picked out for me, I bumped into someone and judging by how hard that someone felt, I was guessing it was a man.. before i could tumble backwards and fall like a bag of potatoes and risk having the dresses I held fly in the air, i felt strong arms holding me in place.

After regaining myself, i looked up to the person that caused my doom and saved me from it and i met the most charming forest green eyes ever.

He smiled at me and oh.. I just melted at the sight of his dimples. I stayed there lost in his arms and in his eyes as he spoke
"I'm sorry miss.. I wasn't looking.. Are you alright?"

Now he was giving me a concerned look as I still wasn't able to respond. Before he'd think I'm dumb or something I tried to speak up, voice shaky as I stammered
"I_i'm fine... thanks"

The gorgeous stranger helped me stand up straight still repeating the same words
"are you sure you're alright?" I nodded unable to utter anymore words especially when he smiled sweetly at me revealing his perfect straight white teeth.

Oh! Could someone be this good looking.

I immediately stopped myself from checking him out as I wondered if the rest of him were as flawless as his face alone is.
I tried to focus on his enchanting green eyes as I regained control over myself.
I'm not one like Denise with the ever so interacting personality. I'm actually quite the opposite to her daring and social lifestyle.

I just smiled at him and answered him once more but without stammering

"I'm alright.. You caught me just in time by the looks of it" he grinned at me. And I averted my gaze to straighten my clothes just to hide my red tomato face.

"I'm Derrick by the way" the husky voice came again. Even his voice is damn sexy!

Oh Vanessa what has gotten into you? Behave yourself woman! My inner prude side chastised me.

"Um .. Now is when you tell me your name beautiful" I heard him say.

Did he just call me beautiful?

"I.. I'm Vanessa" I said finally meeting his gaze and smiling at him.

"Alright Vanessa.. I'm running really late for an appointment. So I guess I'll see you around. It was nice meeting you milady"

I just blinked nodding as he smiled at me once more before he walked past me and exited the store.

And I just stood there staring at the door feeling like a silly fan girl.