That shit hurts

chapter 10

Tyler was standing outside the room staring at me through the glass door.

He had a worried and confused look on his face. He seemed so lost in thought.
I sighed and turned away from him.

I had retreated from his hug earlier and asked him to leave me alone.

When he pushed to stay, I had asked Derrick to throw him out. He agreed to leave the room but he lingered on in the hall way.. Throwing me questioning glances whenever our gazes met.

I know he isn't at fault.. It's not his fault that I'd gone and fallen for him right? Its mine.

Yet! I still couldn't chat with him normally pretending like he's not responsible for the emotional and now physical pain I'm going through.

I turned fully making it impossible for him to see my face.

I feel extremely bad for doing this to him.
He's always had my back.

He's always been there for me.

He's supposed to be my big brother.

I've messed our relationship up.

He doesn't feel the same way.

He sees you as his little sister.

I hadn't even noticed Derrick's presence until he sat beside the bed and held onto my hand.

"Is he the reason?" He asked nudging towards Tyler.

I arched my brows quizzically.

My body feels lighter now and under control..I observed.

"I saw you right before you had your accident. You looked like someone had ripped your heart right out of your chest" he said giving me an apologetic look for being so blunt.

"I was heading home after my shift when I saw you.  I immediately recognized you  as the gorgeous lady from the fun fair." He paused smiling at me which I mirrored instantly.

His eyes left mine and he stared down at my hands wrapped in his.

There it was again.. The guilt was displayed once more on his face.

"I..it's not your fault" I said. Voice almost inaudible.

"Yeah I know.  I just wish I actually did something to avert the accident.  Though you didn't get run over, you just passed out from the shock but unfortunately had a nasty bang to your head when you hit the floor. "  he explained.

That explains why the rest of my body feels just a little bit sore. Nothing compared to the chaos that is my head at the moment.

"I have great news though " he started.
"No vital organ was damaged.. Your tests results have turned out pretty well.. You just need rest and pain killers and you'd be fine" 

"Thank you" I smiled.

That means I'd be discharged soon... Great! And I'd have to face Tyler and Denise again.

Speaking of Denise, I haven't   seen her since the first day I got here.

" so are you gonna answer me ?" Derrick's voice pulled me out of my thoughts.

"Is he the reason for all this?"  He asked once more

I nodded.
"But he doesn't even know it."

Unrequited love. That shit hurts like crazy!