Not again

Chapter 13

The picnic was fun. Tyler was with me through out. He treated me like his girlfriend. he fed me,  held me in his arms, sang to me. Tyler sings amazingly well by the way.

Denise kept whining about how she felt like a third wheel but Tyler didn't seem to care.

Maybe they're not really together. I had thought. 

It was past 6 in the evening and we just arrived at the hospital.

I was getting into a more comfortable cloth with the help of Alisha when Denise barged in.

" I'm gonna head on home Nes. " she said, not really meeting my eyes.

I looked carefully at her.  Was she crying?  she turned her face away.

" um.. okay.. thanks for today.. I'll see you tomorrow? " I asked her not wanting to push her into telling me what's wrong.
She nodded and walked out the door. 

Alisha and I exchanged glances. Seeing the confused look I had on my face, she said;
" I saw them fighting "
I looked at her still confused.

"She and Tyler..  they fought in the hallway. I think it had something to do with you "

OK now I'm more confused.

"What? " was all I could say.
"I'll be right back" I said to Alisha.

I should talk to her. What did they really fight about?

Could Alisha be mistaking? I walked hurriedly to the driveway and headed for the spot Denise had parked in when we got here. 

Seeing her car, I was relieved that she was still around. I walked closer towards the car and I was frozen in my step.

No! Not again!

Tyler held her leg above his shoulder and was pounding deep and hard into her in the back seat.

Oh Alisha was totally mistaken. 

I stood there, once again trapped on the same spot. 

  Cause this sure as hell don't look like fighting to me.

The cold air hit me fiercely. I had rushed out of the hospital room with one of Tyler's old tops and denim shorts.

I brought my hands and held them across my body trying to shield myself from  the cold as uncontrollable tears rolled down my cheeks.

I heard a loud shriek from Denise and she moaned Tyler's name over and over again. 

My knees felt weak and I dropped to the floor.. I brought my hands to my mouth to muffle the sounds of my sobbing.

They're gonna come out and see how pathetic You look Nessa. You better grab a hold of yourself and leave here. My brain kept telling me, but my body wouldn't move. Now more than ever, I felt paralyzed.

I stayed there battling with myself to walk, limp or even crawl out of there that I didn't even notice Derrick's presence.  He ran over to me and carried me into his arms.  "Vanessa what are u doing?

I thanked God silently for his appearance.

"Derrick take me out of here please?  Take me anywhere.. anywhere but here."
He just nodded. 

He stole a glance at Denise's car and immediately made quick strides towards his own car with me in his arms.

He carefully set me in the passengers seat, made his way to the drivers seat and off we went.