fighting attraction

chapter 7

Tyler moved closer eyebrow arched quizzically as he studied me.

I felt heat run up to my face as I considered if he heard me moan out his name. I tend to talk a lot in my sleep. I've been told that severally by Miss Regina Banks, Tyler's mom. 

Tyler confirmed my fears as he spoke with a smug smirk on

"dreamt about me huh?"

I blushed profusely. "W..what are you doing here" was all I could murmur.
I noticed he was dressed for work. He must've come over to ask if I needed a lift.

If that's the case, then I guess..
Oh no.. I glanced at my clock and just as Tyler was about to speak, I cut him off
"oh shit" I jumped from the bed dashing into the bathroom barely hearing Tyler chuckle saying he'll wait in the living room.

***
"Hey girl" I heard Denise called as she slipped into her office just beside mine

"So I'm having a little get together tonight at my place.. You should come over babe" she said tucking a hair lock behind her ear as she clicked on her computer. She's such a beauty. I must admit.

"What's the occasion"? I asked her silently waiting for her to bring up Tyler coming over.

My best friend that I had a hot steamy dream about. The images of the dream played on and on in my head as it did this morning on the ride here.
Tyler had talked about Denise nonstop and all I could do was reminisce and wonder why I'd have such dreams about him.

I'd read in a lot of books that these things happen when you're fighting some sort of attraction towards the person.

But I ain't attracted to Tyler.. Yes I do find him really good looking but...

" Nes!!" Denise whined
"You haven't heard a word I'd just said.. What's up?" She asked finally ignoring her computer to look straight at me.
We've only met for barely three months but Denise and I are getting very fond of each other. Doesn't mean I'll tell her about the dream though. She's really into Tyler. It'd be really awkward.

Sighing, " Nothing's up Denise, I just had a rough night. But I'd love to hang out tonight " I said smiling at her "I definitely need a few booze in my system " I continued keeping that I also didn't want to run into Tyler to myself. It's been really hard to look at him and act normal..when I have the images of the dream stuck on my mind.

" atta girl" Denise grinned. 

***
Denise insisted on giving me a ride home so I could get ready for tonight.

"I know you just wanna talk to Tyler" I scoffed 

"Oh come on Nessa.. I really wanna get to know him" she pouted

"Fine!" I surrendered lifting my hands in d air dramatically
"let's go"  I expected a squeal but she just smiled genuinely at me.
And it broke my heart. Was Denise really falling for Tyler?

Why does the thought of that turns my stomach?

I shook off the  disturbing thoughts  and headed towards Denise's car as we drove off.

We pulled into my driveway in no less than twenty minutes.
Denise started feeling shy and nervous suddenly.

she resorted to staying back in the car in order not to embarrass herself and I silently thanked God for that.
I hurriedly went into the  building before she'd change her mind and decide to go up with me.

I pushed the  elevator button and the  doors closed taking me up to my apartment floor.
Why would Denise falling for Tyler affect me this much?

I've watched him play around with different girls but something tells me that if he gets involved with Denise, he'd fall hard for her..and with that my stomach turned even more.

The  doors to the  elevator opened and I walked straight for my room. I fished for my keys in my bag and unknowingly bumped into Tyler.

My bag  dropped and the contents in it spilled onto the floor.

Avoiding eye contact, I quickly got on my knees to pick my things up.
Tyler squatted too and helped me.. When his fingers brushed mine while picking up my keys, I felt electricity shoot through my entire body..heat ran up to my face and I could tell I was blushing hard.

Why was I feeling this way! I couldn't even look my best friend in the  eyes.

Tyler cleared his throat noticing how lost I looked "Nessa you're okay?"

I nodded quickly,"yeah I'm okay.. why wouldn't I be?" snatching my keys and getting up to go into my apartment.
Without allowing him say another word, I shut the  door.

He must have stood there for a while. I guess trying to figure out my behavior. I finally heard his footsteps away from my door and I sighed in relief.

That spark I felt.  I never felt not for any of my ex boyfriends.
But that doesn't mean I'm falling for my best friend.

It's just that dream messing with my head.. I thought to myself.

I'll go apologize for my awful behaviour before joining Denise in the car.

I picked out a black strapless gown that hugged my body. I touched up my eyeliner. Used my favourite perfume and  walked out the  door heading straight for Tyler's apartment.