i'm no lab monkey

Chapter 12

"I wanna go home" I whined to Tyler for the umpteenth time and he chuckles in return.

  It's been about a  week since the accident and I can say I'm getting really sick of being in this darned plain white room.

Derrick and the pretty nurse whose name I later found out to be Alisha had said I've been recovering very fast.
They said it was a miracle that I didn't lose my memory  and each time they'd told me that, I'd suggest getting discharged but they would give me the same line
"just a bit more observations"

ahhh! I'm no lab monkey people!

They take head injuries pretty seriously.

But on the bright side, Alisha and I have been getting close. She's really sweet and I think she's got a crush on Derrick. She only gets ever so shy when he's around.
But that's just my observation.. Who knows?

"I talked to Derrick" Tyler said.

Yeah.. He and Derrick turned into buddies last minute. Don't ask me how that happened cause I really got no clue.

"Yeah? Is he gonna let me leave?" I asked..well more like pouted.

"Not entirely.. But he is gonna let me take you out of this room for while"

  Well.. Half bread,they say is better.
I shrugged.

"Where are we going to?" I asked him.

"I'd like that to be a surprise babe" he answered grinning.

Alisha walked into the room with a wheelchair.
"You ready?" Tyler asked

"Sure but I'm not getting on that thing"  I say pointing at the wheelchair.

"Vanessa quit being stubborn " Alisha says rolling her eyes.

I still get dizzy spells.

And I think the blow to my head caused some kinda loss of direction.
I just need help going from place to place. And by that, I mean the bathroom and back to bed.

But today, Tyler's planned something for us. I finally get to see the sun again.

Ah! It feels like I've been trapped in that hospital forever.

"Fine " I mutter as I comply only because I wouldn't want to feel dizzy and pass out thereby missing out on this chance to go out.

Alisha walked us to the hospital exit and right there in the driveway was Denise's car.

Oh shit!

OK.. Breathe.. You can do this Vanessa. I said to myself.

  Denise got out and walked towards us. I wasn't particularly happy to see her and she noticed that.

She immediately bent over and gave me a hug as she apologized for not coming around the past week.

Well i guess it's better she thinks that's the reason for my indifference towards her right now.

"Hospitals just bring me very bad memories Nes" she sniffed.

She must've lost a loved one.
I supposed.

Or maybe she fell sick a lot as a child.

I really don't know much about Denise's past. She rarely talks about her family as do I.

I brought my hands up to rub her back
"Its alright Denise. Don't ruin your make up. This place gives everyone bad vibes.. I really can't wait to get outta here myself" I said stealing a glance at Alisha who pouted and rolled her eyes playfully after I smiled cheekily at her.

I kept asking Tyler and Denise where we were heading to but neither of them would tell me.

I exhaled and finally gave up asking them when I caught Tyler wink at Denise and she blushed.

I've gotten used to the idea of Tyler and Denise. It has haunted me for many nights and even whenever I looked at him.

I wish I was the one beneath him that day, I wish all he did to Denise, I got them instead. My eyes felt moist and before I could hold it back, a tear dropped.

Luckily they were too busy stealing glances at each other to notice me so I carefully wiped the tears away and continued staring out the window.

We finally arrived at the park. I looked at Tyler
"Really? A park Ty?" I asked

"You should know me better than that Nessa" he said as he opened the door for me.

"Hey guys..I like the park" I heard Denise pout.

She was looking into the rear view mirror and touching up her make up.

Tyler chuckled. He was about to lift me up into his arms but I stopped him.
"I can walk fine.. Thanks" I tried getting up on my own grabbing his hands for support.

"See? There... Ready to go" I said once I was able to stand upright on my own.

Denise also got out of the car. She was wearing a flower skirt,very skimpy.. A crop top and ankle boots.   Her curvy body and long legs clearly emphasized.

I felt jealous when I stole a glance at Tyler and caught him practically undressing Denise with his eyes.

I cleared my throat very loudly
"Well why are we here then? "

" Tyler was gonna bring you to your special place  that he's refused to share with me by the way...but I insisted on having a picnic instead" Denise said looking between Tyler and I whilst grinning.

I forced a smile at her.. I'm not really fond of the park and Tyler knows that.

Why did he agree with Denise to bring me here?
Is he really into Denise that much?

Are they together now? 

Questions.. I dread asking cause I'm guessing I wouldn't like the answers.

I turned to look at Tyler and I arched my brows quizzically.
He caught what I meant and he pulled me in for a hug.

"It's high time you get used to being out here babe " he whispered into my hair as his fingers massaged gently. 

I inhaled his scent.. he smelled so good. I felt relaxed in his arms. I didn't want to leave here.

"I guess you're  right, it's about time I stop allowing my past get the better of me. I've avoided the park for so long." I whispered to him as I allowed my gaze wander around the park cringing a little when I see a little girl running around with her mom running after her.

"I promise I'll take u to our special place when it's just you and I" he finished.

I smiled widely at that. 
He didn't want Denise invading our special place,  that's why he agreed with her to bring me here.
I embraced him tightly.. and he chuckled.

"Okay you two..break it up" Denise said walking towards us.  I saw a glint of jealousy flash through her eyes  when I looked at her but it was gone quickly. 

She smiled at me and pulled me from my warm and happy embrace

"Let's go Nes. We don't Want our food getting cold now"   She smiles pulling me away from the car and towards the busy park while Tyler got the picnic basket out of the trunk.