Just not the whole truth

We weren't heading for our apartment. I noticed seeing Tyler take a different but familiar route.

He was driving to our special place. I wonder why when we're both not in a good mood.

He probably wants to clear everything. Find out what's wrong once and for all.

I looked out the window as I contemplated if I should tell him how I really feel about him. Maybe he'd feel the same way. I hoped.

We passed many tall trees and I took in the fresh air. This always feels good.

Tyler parked the car and turned it off. I got out first and he followed behind me. I made it up the hill. It was so beautiful.

I found our favourite spot just under the tree and I sat down staring ahead at the lovely view in front of me.

Tyler came over and sat beside me. I turned to look at him.

He reached out for my hand and he intertwined our fingers together.

"What's going on with us Nessa? Is there anything you'd like to tell me?" His voice filled with worry and concern.

" Ty.. I.. I.." this was gonna be harder than I thought.

He squeezed my hand to encourage me to go on.

"Are you dating Denise now?" I couldn't hide the hurt in my voice.

"Is that it?" Is that what this is all about?" He turned fully so he could be face to face.

"Just answer me dickhead" I said lowering my gaze.

"We're not dating" He reached out to raise my face up to meet his gaze.

"I saw you making love to her " more than once, I wanted to add but I just left that part out.

"It was just sex Vanessa. You know I don't believe in love" he said slightly irritated.

He furrowed his brows together "You were ignoring me because of that? "

"Well.. I just didn't like the idea of you with Denise. " I said shrugging.

"Why?" He reluctantly asked.

I looked straight into his piercing blue eyes. These eyes I can get lost in.

Should I tell him?

Can I really tell him?

" why? Can't I be selective of your dates like you are with mine?" I said instead.

"Well it's not my fault you pick shitty boyfriends " he scoffed.

I smacked his arm playfully and he faked being hurt

"That's exactly the reason though. Denise is great and that's what I'm afraid of. That you'll get too involved with her and forget all about me " It was the truth though just not the whole truth.

" You've got to be kidding me babe. You know that's impossible. No one can compare to you Nessa. " he leaned in so his forehead was pressed against mine.

My eyes darted to his lips and I felt this sudden urge to just taste them.

I looked back at him and his eyes were on my lips.

That was all I needed.

Without being able to hold myself back, I closed the distance between us as I kissed him.