A new year -part 2

"I am Hinata Hyuga..."

Her eyes fell straight on Sasuke again, who did not react. He kept her gaze and kept his expression nonchalant. God knew why he had an instinct that she should blush now. She did not. She smiled at him softly and continued.

"....I am 17 years old. I recently moved back to Konoha from The States. I like sweets and my hobby is pressing flowers....I hope we'll get along."

"Thank you Hinata-chan. Can you please take your seat next to...Sasuke?" Kakashi asked.

All the boys and girls were now looking at them. Girls, out of jealousy while boys also with annoyance. Hinata made her way to his desk, moved Sasuke's bag and sat down on the chair next to him without trouble.

She looked at Sasuke and smiled this time. He could not say he returned the gesture. He just looked away from her.

"....As this is your third year here, I am thinking some of you know each other. But.....this period you will spend learning more about your partner. And I hope you like your seats because this is how you will sit for the rest of the year." Kakashi said, going back to his book.

Everyone groaned and the girls shrieked. The boys sighed and looked enviously at Sasuke. That dude got all the hot girls. Sasuke stared back defiantly. It wasn't his fault Hyuga had been seated next to him.

"Hi Sasuke-kun."

Sasuke looked at her, his expression neutral. "Hn." He said, as a greeting.

"How are you?" she asked.

He still had a feeling he had seen her somewhere. What the hell was wrong with today?

"Have we met before?" he asked, annoyed slightly, at her friendliness. She seemed like another fan girl. What a drag. And what was worse? He was sounding like Shikamaru Nara.

If Sasuke didn't know any better, he would think she looked slightly crestfallen. Then, she recovered and said "I've seen you around in company events." She referred to their fathers' partnership. "I thought maybe you'd recognize me too."

Right. She was the Hyuga heiress so he must have seen her in magazines or at events. That's why she looked familiar.

The noise in the class room grew as everyone started talking to their partners and Kakashi looked away from his book, annoyed.

"....I will take a quiz from you questioning your partner's information which I will authenticate. Get to work...silently."

Everyone got the hint and shut up. There were low murmurs now.

"So....Sasuke....."

He raised his eyes brow at her. She gave him an awkward smile. Determined to pass in the stupid quiz, Sasuke decided to ask her a few questions.

"You said you moved back here, when have you lived here before?"

She looked at him for a moment, as if studying him, before answering. "I was born in Konoha. We....my family had a business here, then we branched out in America and we left because of my mother's health issues."

"So you left when you were quite young." He deduced.

"Yes. I was 5. Almost 6."

"So what about you?" she asked when he did not say anything.

"I'm Uchiha Sasuke. I'm 17. My father is the owner of Uchiha Corp. I've always lived in Konoha. I like tomatoes and that's about it."

She wrote that down in her notebook. Really? Sasuke fought the urge to roll his eyes. "What are your hobbies?" she asked.