A dinner party

"...and the deal was secured just like that." Itachi smirked as his father looked at him in awe.

"I knew I could count on you. You're my best diplomat after all Itachi." Fugaku praised his eldest son. Sasuke scoffed before eating his breakfast.

"Jealous?" Itachi said, smugly.

"In your dreams." Sasuke said. "Don't worry Sasuke, I'm sure you'll do good in the company as well." Fugaku said.

"I'm sure he will." Mikoto said, giving Fugaku his coffee and sitting on the table besides him. She looked around at Itachi and Sasuke before starting to eat herself.

"Everyone, I want you home early tonight. For the dinner." Mikoto instructed.

"What dinner?" Sasuke asked, his mouthful.

"Sasuke, I told you two weeks before that we're having a few people over to have dinner with us this Friday." Mikoto said, frowning.

"You mean....." Fugaku was saying when Mikoto elbowed him in the ribs.

"But mother, we have a meeting this evening." Itachi said, timidly. Fugaku nodded. "And I have plans with my friends." Sasuke informed her.

"You both are going to be here for dinner and that's it. If you have a meeting, Fugaku can take care of it." Mikoto announced. There was a hint of a challenge in her voice. And they dared not disagree.

"Fine......" Sasuke gave in and Itachi nodded too.

Another fucked up Friday, Sasuke thought as he went to his car, Just great.
_____________

"Hinata, are you okay?" Kiba asked as he and Hinata sat for lunch.

"Yeah, I'm just a little nervous..." Hinata said, looking at her tray of food.

"Nervous about what? Kiba asked. Hinata opened her mouth to say something when someone cut them off.

"Hinata-chan!" Naruto's voice was loud as he ran over to their table. He slid in next to Hinata and put an arm around her shoulders.

"Hey Naruto." Hinata said, smiling. Naruto looked exceptionally happy today. Hinata also spotted Sasuke come and sit next to Kiba, across her. He was checking his watch again. She looked at him and he caught her staring and raised his eye brow. She simply looked away.

"What are you so excited about, anyways?" Kiba asked.

"Me, Sakura and the others decided to get together this afternoon!" Naruto exclaimed happily, looking at Hinata, Kiba and Sasuke one after another.

"Without us? Some friend you are..." Kiba muttered, looking put out. Hinata smiled at him, looking sorry and amused.

"I came to ask you guys. Are you coming Hinata? Kiba?" Naruto said. Kiba's eyes lit up.

"Of course we are." Kiba replied.

"Eh, guys..." Hinata interrupted "I won't be able to join you guys."

"What do you mean?" Naruto said, suddenly frowning. He looked cute even frowning.

"I have an engagement for this evening already." She said.

"You're getting engaged?" Kiba asked while Naruto also stared at her dumbly. Sasuke sighed. "It means she has to do something this evening already."

"Ohhh..." Kiba said, finally getting it. Hinata smiled apologetically.

"Turns out, I can't come either. My mom already has plans made for me." Sasuke said.

"Your mom? Really?" Kiba said, starting to laugh.