An unexpected visit

The winters were here in Konoha. The December was really bitterly cold. Snow had been falling for some days and the people were confined to their houses.

Hinata sat on the couch, looking at the television screen with a blanket wrapped around her. Her long hair fell around her and her bangs in her eyes. She was watching the television show, completely immersed in the show.

Neji walked in with a tray of hot chocolate and snacks to see her like this. She was so adorable sometimes, he thought to himself. He walked towards her and put the tray on the coffee table.

"Neji, you're the best." Hinata said as she looked at the tray.

Neji smirked as he sat down besides her. "I know that. And you don't have to butter me, you know."

"I'm still going to do it because it makes you smile." Hinata said as he grasped her cup of hot chocolate. "No seriously, who would have thought at school that tough Neji is so caring of his little cousin?"

Neji rolled his eyes and took his own cup of hot chocolate and his blanket. He was happy that his cousin was finally alright. It had been three weeks since her fight with Sakura and Ino and her breakup. She was happy now.

Naruto was still friends with her, Temari and Tenten hung out with her and Neji himself also took care of her. He was also noticing that since the trip to the states, Sasuke had become slightly more attentive towards Hinata. But of course, he liked her so.

Neji shrugged to himself. It was good, anyways, he was her fiancé. Hinata noticed Neji's thoughtful glance at her.

"Neji, what is it?" she asked.

"I'm just glad you're okay." He admitted.

She laughed lightly. "Neji, don't worry. I'm...completely okay." She said.

"I hope so." He said. She put down her cup.

"Believe me." She said. "Here" She moved to hug him, still underneath her blanket. He laughed as she attempted to hug him despite their blankets. He fell back on the couch and she laughed. He took off his blanket and hugged her lightly. She returned his embrace.

"Stay happy Hinata." He told her into her shoulder. She nodded and thought about how lucky she was to have Neji.
__________

Hinata sat by herself in her room, watching a funny video when she received a text from Gaara.

Hello Hinata-chan. Can we meet up tomorrow? We have not met for some days.

Hinata smiled at his attempts to be sweet.

Yes Gaara-kun. If tomorrow's school, we're meeting up. I miss you.

His sent his reply after a moment. She loved how eager and fast he was in their conversations.

The feeling is mutual. I am glad you are feeling better about your breakup with Naruto.

Hinata was not even surprised at how good he was at reading people. He was one of the few people who had not turned their backs on her, or called her a slut or a player in the past weeks.

I actually am. Also, I am on better terms with Sasuke.

Gaara hesitated to reply to that. He was slightly happy when Hinata broke up with Naruto, even though he hated himself for thinking that. He just wanted to see her independent. He wanted to see if she would like someone else if she was not with Naruto.

But then the news of her engagement had reached him. Thus he had let go of those foreign feelings for her completely. Maybe in another life, he had thought as he had looked out his window towards the rain.