Answers

Anyways, onwards with the last chapter. Thank you to everyone who stuck around till the end.
_______

Sasuke looked at Hinata's empty chair next to him during literature class. He looked away abruptly. He was being pathetic. Liking her did not mean he could be so...soppy.

He continued the lesson, ignoring the way his heart ached for her presence. For her acceptance. For reassurance she would not leave. That she would reciprocate his feelings. That she felt something...anything for him.

Maybe he did not deserve affection, he thought to himself, maybe he was unlovable. Maybe he deserved being unloved. Maybe he deserved being cursed never to have his feelings returned.

All he knew was, it would kill him if Hinata broke off everything with him and chose someone else. He groaned lightly before looking out the window.

Where was she anyways?
_____

Hinata and Ken walked around the rose gardens. This was the same place where Itachi had gotten married and Naruto had broken up with her. The memory of the break up did not hurt her at all anymore.

She knew it was because of a certain someone. Her heart raced just thinking about him. His dark-

"Hina? Are you listening?" Ken asked, waving his hand in front of her. She broke out of her reverie and looked at him before smiling.

"Yeah, just spaced out a bit. Aren't these flowers beautiful?" she exclaimed. Ken nodded.

"They really are."

They walked around in silence before Ken stopped and looked at her seriously. "Hinata, I want you to know even though we're not romantically involved anymore, I still like you."

"I know Ken, and the feeling is mutual."

"Cool, so we're alright despite being not dating?"

She laughed. "Of course silly. It's the memories that count. Besides, I'm sure you'll find the right person someday."

"I think you have." He teased her. She looked astonished.

What do you mean?"

"The guy who came to drop you off? Seemed pretty into you." he smiled. Hinata blushed.

"Ken, shut it. He's..."

"Oh come on, you totally like him." He rolled his eyes. She groaned.

"Okay, I do. But I have to tell him yet." She said, coloring slightly.

"Typical Hinata." He rolled his eyes yet again.

"Like you did any better when you wanted to ask me out." She told him. He colored this time.

"We were young!" he said, waving around his hands.

"Keep telling yourself that." She said as she walked off. Ken grinned before running after her. "HINA!"
___________

Sasuke was driving to school the next day, thinking of how Hinata had not texted him or given him a whisper of her whereabouts with Ken, when he got a call from Neji. Must be urgent, he thought, as he picked up the call.

"Sasuke, hey." Neji's voice rang out through the phone.

"Yeah? What's up?"

"I wanted a favor actually. Can you stop by my place before going to school?"

"Everything okay? I'll come by though."

"Yeah, see you." he said as he clicked off. Sasuke put his phone on the passenger seat and drove ahead. He pulled up in front of Neji's place.