Among Maidens and Men

I really liked this fan art while roaming on Pinterest and i thought maybe you guys would like it too. It's really cute. Credits go to the artist. Onward with the chapter anyways. Enjoy ;p
______

"Take care Hinata. I love you both." Hana said as she kissed Hinata and Neji. Neji smiled and shifted his suitcase. Hinata smiled affectionately too.

"I will mom. You guys take care too." Hinata said warmly.

"And also, remember Mikoto invited you to her house this weekend. Do not forget." Hana reminded her. Hinata nodded.

Mikoto had called her mother and asked her to come to Japan to which Hana had assured she would. Mikoto further asked Hana to tell Hinata she was to come to the Uchiha residence that weekend to discuss God knew what.

Hinata hugged her mother one last time and looked at Neji. "Let's go."

He nodded, cast his aunt a last glance and walked out of the main door. Hinata followed throwing a smile at her mother and reassuring her. Hanabi was still asleep as they had an early flight; she had said her good bye last night and Hiashi had left two days before for another tour of his.

There was only one week remaining of their summer holidays and they were going back to Japan now. Hinata would miss the states as usual but she also missed her friends; Ino, Sakura, Temari and Tenten. Gaara and Kiba too. Most of all, she missed Uzumaki Naruto, her boyfriend.

She had met Toneri yesterday. He had looked sad to know she was leaving. "It's okay. We'll stay in touch after you come to Japan. We can meet up and also hang out after matches."

He had looked reassured and they had departed with sweet words and a hug.

She sighed as their driver pulled into the airport. It was 5 a.m. She yawned and rubbed her eyes. Neji smiled fondly as he put an arm around her and pulled her to his side closely.

They sat in the lounge, waiting for their flight to board. She looked at her phone. There was a text from Naruto and a lot of messages from the group which comprised of all her girl friends.

I'm so glad you're coming back tomorrow.

Hinata smiled. She missed him too. She texted him back with a 'Me too. See you soon.'

She was going to check all of her other messages when she received another message. Itachi Uchiha.

Hinata-chan, your mother informed me you were coming home soon. I hope you have a safe flight. I look forward to seeing you this weekend at the Uchiha Compounds. Sasuke says hi.

Hinata doubted Sasuke would say hi after what had happened. That had been a month ago. A month since they had both seen each other.

She still could not believe she had let him kiss her like that. Furthermore, she could not believe how she had actually kissed him back. But kissing him had felt so...right. She could not even remember what had happened without getting lost thinking about him. She had never felt so content kissing Naruto.

Sasuke Uchiha. Who was he? He was a star basketball player for starters. He was an Uchiha. An arrogant Uchiha. He was the most handsome boy in school, no lies. He was also a jerk. He was her fiancé. He had helped her many times. He had beaten up Itsuki for her. He had kissed her.

What would she do now? Would he just pretend like nothing had happened? Did he like her? Did...did she like him? The very thought made her heart drop. She was supposed to like Naruto. She did like him, didn't she?

She groaned. "Hina, something wrong?" Neji asked from besides her. She shook her head.

"Our flight is boarding, come on." He said, taking her hand. She dragged her suitcase containing all her new clothes (which her mother and sister insisted on buying for her) and assignments for school.