Chapter 5: The Tournament Begins!

After the battle between Max, Red now leaves his dorm, closes his door behind him and began walking. While he was walking, he saw 'them' again. He made a death glare to them for a while and began walking again. Finally, he reached the entrance to the battlefield and he saw many trainers looking above. He also made it in time before Charles Goodshow began his opening remarks. The traitors were also there at his back. Charles Goodshow began to speak,

Charles - "Welcome everyone! Trainers all over the world came here to claim the title of the strongest trainer in existence....."

(Sorry guys, I am not good at making an opening remarks so yeah. Lets skip it. It only contains on how the tournament will occur, the limit of the pokémon that you will use every round, the rules, and such.)

Charles - "That's all folks! And have a good day!" he said while walking away to the platform on the above of the arena.

Many clapping and a very loud applause after the speech and all the trainers went back to a place where there is TV to watch the battle and to notify themselves to go to the battlefield.

The tournament begins right after Charles' speech and Red smirked and said,

Red - "This is gonna be fun."

Pikachu - "Yeah!" he said enthusiastically.

When he saw the large screen above, He saw his picture and his opponent, naming Mark.

Referee - "The two trainers there at the screen will be notified to go the battle field, please be ready after 10 minutes."

With Red,

Red - "Well let's take a break first before we battle."

Pikachu - "Okay!"

After 10 minutes of break,

Announcer - "Red and Mark please proceed to the battlefield right now. I repeat, Red and Mark please proceed to the battlefield right now."

Red - "Well there it goes. Let's go."

Pikachu - "Time to kick some ass!" he said while his red cheeks are sparkling.

Red walked on the stairs in his right. After some walking, He reached the exit and he saw a large a battlefield with an perimeter of 60 meters. He stand on the green corner while Mark is on red corner.

Referee - "This is an official between Red from Mount Silver and Mark from Celadon City. Each trainer will use one pokémon only. Moves such as Baton Pass, etc. are allowed. Trainers, send out your pokémon!"

Red - "Infernape, Go."

A fire monkey appeared in front of him and prepared himself.

Mark - "Go, Blastoise!"

The Shellfish pokémon appeared in front of him.

Referee - "Let the battle begin!"

Mark - "Start things off with Hydro Pump!"

Blastoise targeted Infernape with its cannons on his back and launches a stream of water.

Red - "Take it."

Infernape just stood there and take the atrack head on. When the smoke was cleared, Infernape is standing there, like the attack did nothing to him.

The audience was shocked and let out a gasps with amazement because that pokémon can take a powerful attack even its own weakness.

Mark jaw-dropped when he saw Infernape withstand the attack.

Mark - "How did your Infernape endure the attack?" he said curiously.

Red - "Well, Infernape train himself with others to overcome his weakness on water. After 10 years of his training, He successfully withstand a water type attack. Remember this, my Infernape can withstand an attack even a legendary's signature move." he explained also emphasizing the last part that he said.

Mark - "Wow, No doubt that you will win this tournament only using one pokémon." he said with wonder.

Red - "Thanks. Let's continue our battle."

Mark - "Right."

Red - "Use Mach Punch with 0.001% of your power."

Mark - "Dodge it!"

Blastoise did dodge the attack but some of it was inflicted to him dealing some damage. (Blastoise hp 90%)

Mark - "Use Hydro Pump!"

Red - "Intercept it with your Flamethrower."

Both of them unleash their attacks, leading to a clash between water and fire. But Blastoise's Hydro Pump was overpowered by Infernape's Flamethrower, resulting Blastoise was covered with flames and gain a status effect called Burn. Dealing damage after 3 turns. (Blastoise's hp 70%)

Red - "Not bad, your Blastoise is durable."

Mark - "Thanks."

Red - "But not for long, Infernape, Use Flare Blitz with 1% of your power."

Infernape covered himself up with blue flame and charges at Blastoise.

Mark - "Use Protect!"

Blastoise covered himself with a yellow barrier. When Infernape strike his attack, the yellow barrier breaks and Blastoise received the attack leading to a very large explosion.

When the smoke and dust were cleared, Infernape stood there and Blastoise is on the ground with swirls on his eyes.

Referee - "Blastoise is unable to battle, Infernape wins! The match goes to Red from Mount Silver!"

Mark rushes to his Blastoise and said,

Mark - "Good work, Blastoise. You deserve a nice long rest." he said with concern but in a positve manner.

He then returned his pokémon and walks to Red, also recalled his pokémon to his Nanodex and Mark ask him,

Mark - "Umm.. What is that on your left wrist?" he said, pointing the nanodex.

Red - "Oh, this? *He gestured his left to hand to him, showing his nanodex" This is nanodex, the upgraded version of pokédex."

Mark - "Ohh okay. It's looks cool by the way." he said with a smile on his face.

Red - "Thanks."

Mark - "I have to go now and thanks for the battle." he said while reached out his right hand to Red.

Red - "With pleasure." he said while handshaking with Mark.

(You know what always happened after a battle on a tournament, right? Yup, there is always cheering, clapping and a loud applause. So, I'm not gonna write those.)

With Traitors,

All of them made to the second round as well. They didn't know that Red is always spying on them, watching them. Red said to himself,

Red - "I hope all of you reach the Semi Finals, so that I can reveal my true identity and crush all of you." he said with a sinster smile.

With that, he teleported himself to his dorm, As usual, thinking what he will use next.

To be continued...