The Labyrinth of Gedref

Today is like any other day. Merlin, Arthur and some knights went out hunting.

 I was busy doing Gaius' rounds for him because he is with the King and the other council members talking about who knows what

Gwen was helping Morgana in her chambers and after I delivered all of the medicine that's some of the people need I would be joining them. I was walking in the lower town. I saw Gwen's father the blacksmith. I met him once when I went to visit Gwen on one of her off days, he is a very sweet and kind man and you can see he loves Gwen really much.

Around noon I finished the rounds so I walked back up to the castle. Just as I entered the castle I saw Merlin.

"Back to soon?" I asked

"Yeah, just a fair warning Arthur is boosting about how he killed a unicorn." Merlin said.

"I could have sworn Gaius told me a while back that when you kill a unicorn you get cursed." I said and Merlin looked down.

"Well neither Uther or Merlin want to listen to what Gaius has to say." Merlin said and I nodded.

I walked into Morgana's chambers and saw her and Gwen talking.

"What are you two talking about?" I asked

"Nothing much, how was your day?" Morgana asked

"It was alright, I did Gaius' rounds for him since he was in a council meeting." I said sitting down next to Gwen at Morgana's table.

"I heard Arthur gave Uther a unicorn's horn." I said looking at Morgana.

"I don't know why he would want to kill such a beautiful animal. They don't do any harm." Morgana said shaking her head.

The next day the whole city is in panic because the whole kingdom's crops died over night. The king thinks it might be a plague but the way that they just died over night makes me wonder otherwise.

Camelot now has a Curfew. The next day more bad things started to happen, the water turned to sand.

Arthur had sent some men into the underground reservoir but it was full of sand. It was at that moment when Uther decided that it is magic and that the kingdom is under attack

I was in Gaius' chambers getting Morgana's sleeping draught, it was already past the curfew that was set but I had to take it to her.

I just walked into the courtyard when I saw Arthur.

"You know there is a curfew?" He asked but it came out as a command.

"Yes, I know I was just getting Morgana's sleeping draught for her." I said standing in front of him.

He looked behind me when he heard footsteps.

"Merlin, do you want to be thrown in the dungeon for being out past curfew?" Arthur asked

"I was searching for the rat." Merlin said

"Did you find it?" Arthur asked

"No, it got away." Merlin said

"You were out smarted by a rat?" Arthur asked

"You know what they say, rats are smart." Merlin said

"Smarter than you?" Arthur asked

"Why aren't you mad at Adelaide?" Merlin asked

"I already talked to her." Arthur said.

Suddenly there was a movement of white to my right apparently Arthur saw it too.

"Adelaide, go inside, Merlin and I will deal with this." Arthur said and I nodded.

I walked to Morgana's chambers and knocked.

"Come in." I heard her say. I walked in and saw her sitting on the edge of her bed.

"Are you alright?" I asked

"Yes, I am fine." She said I nodded and handed her the sleeping Draught. She drank it and climbed under the covers.

After almost two days people from the outer villages started to show up because they ran out of food. Luckily the water is back I don't know how it happened but I am really happy that the water is back. Gwen and I snuck some food out of the palace kitchen, it was not much but we shared it between the children and the elders.

That night I walked with Morgana to Arthur's chambers.

Morgana knocked.

"Enter." Arthur said. I stayed in the hall way as Morgana put her head around the door.

"I hate to ask but do you have something to eat?" Morgana asked.

"I would give you the stew Merlin made but he put rat in it." Arthur said.

I pulled a face.

"I think Adelaide and I will find something else to eat." Morgana said.

"Adelaide is with you?" I heard Arthur ask in surprise. Suddenly I saw him standing at the door smiling.

"Morgana and I will be going. Enjoy your rat stew." I said and Morgana and I walked away.

The next day Arthur and Merlin went to the forest to do something, I am not sure what but when I asked Merlin he said something about the keeper of unicorns.

I was sitting on my bed when they got back. I could almost heard Arthur and Merlin talking but I could not hear what was being said. I stood up and walked to Arthur's chambers.

I saw him packing.

"Where are you going?" I asked him, he jumped not expecting me.

"I am going to the Labyrinth of Gedref to see the last test Anhora has for me and I hope that this test I will not fail." Arthur said.

"Is Merlin going with you?" I asked him as he continued to pack.

"No this is my doing and I must end it." Arthur said

"Will you be save?" I asked him and he looked up surprised.

"I will try." He said I nodded.

I kissed him on the cheek and quickly walked out before he could say anything.

The next day Arthur and Merlin, who I think followed Arthur, were still not back nut the crops grew back and now everyone was happy and finally eating.

I looked out of Morgana's window and saw Arthur and Merlin returning and Arthur was smiling at the people who were talking and handing out food.

Finally everything was back to normal, well as normal as it can be in Camelot.