The Curse Of Cornelius Sigan Part 1

*Adelaide*

I was busy getting dressed, just behind my screen. My dress had a corset which is not easily tied, but I managed.

 My dress had a corset which is not easily tied, but I managed

I had just stepped out from behind my screen when a knock came to my door.

"It is open." I said Gwen stepped in.

"Addy, there was a meeting called and the king says that you should be there." Gwen said and I nodded.

"Let's get going." I said and Gwen laughed. We walked to the throne room which can only mean that it is really important guests that are here. I could hear talking.

"Are we late?" I asked Gwen.

"I would sound so." Gwen said.

"Why don't you go. I will just say that you had other duties if someone asked, that way only I can get in trouble." I said and Gwen nodded. When she was gone I knocked on the door and the guards on the inside opened them. I stood by the door and bowed.

"Sorry, I am late your majestie, I didn't know that the meeting would be here." I said and when I looked up I looked straight into a pair of unfamiliar eyes.

" I said and when I looked up I looked straight into a pair of unfamiliar eyes

"It is alright Adelaide. This is our guest for a while, Prince Alexander." Uther said as I walked closer to them.

"Alexander this is my other ward the lady Adelaide." Uther said.

I curtsied as a greeting and he took my hand and kissed the top of it.

"It is a pleasure to meet you Lady Adelaide." He said with a smile.

"It is nice to meet you as well, Prince Alexander." I said smiling back at him.

"Tonight we will have a feast, in the honour of our new guest. Prince Alexander." Uther said and everyone clapped. Uther had a servent show Prince Alexander his room which was across from mine.