The Castle of Fyrien

It was late and Adelaide has just came from Gauis' chambers. She wasn't feeling well so Gauis gave her a potion to make her better. She saw Gwen leaving the castle. Morgana must be asleep.

Adelaide walked into her room and took off her cloak, she threw it over her chair before she turned around. She looked up and saw a man sitting on her bed. He had a smirk on his face and before Adelaide could scream she felt something pressing against her mouth. Then everything went black.

The next day

Arthur sat with his father in the great hall eating breakfast. Morgana entered and she looked upset.

"What is it?" Uther asked when he noticed that Morgana was quiet.

"It's Gwen she didn't show up to work today." Morgana said.

"That's not like her." Arthur commented as he looked up at Merlin.

"If your maid is incapable of working we will find you another." Uther said not caring about the servants in the castle.

"I thought Adelaide would be joining us this Morning." Arthur said when he noticed that Adelaide wasn't there.

"e left a note saying she was going riding." Uther said handing a piece of paper to Arthur who looked at it.

I have gone riding. Sorry it was short notice, i needed to get away.

Arthur looked at the note. It was not in Adelaide's handwriting.

"Where did you get this?" Arthur ask looking at his father.

"a servant went to get her this Morning and found the note by her door." Uther said.

Breakfast finished and Merlin and Arthur walked out.

"I need you to go to Gwen's house. See if she is all right. I will go to Adelaide's room." Arthur said and Merlin nodded. They parted ways.

Arthur entered Adelaide's room. He saw her cloak hanging over her chair, he could see her blankets had wrinkles on them as if someone had sat down on it. Arthur looked around for a clue of struggle. He saw a piece of cloth on the ground and picked it up.

He walked to his room looking at the cloth. He wondered to himself why Adelaide would have a piece of cloth in her room seeing as she is not a seamstress.

Merlin entered Arthur's room. He too had a piece of cloth. When Arthur smelled it he passed out for a few seconds.

"That could knock a man out." Arthur said as he stood up.

"Or a woman." Merlin said.

"What would someone want with Gwen and Adelaide?" Arthur asked as he leaned on his table looking at the two pieces of cloths.