Eye of the Phoenix

Adelaide watched from the stairs as Arthur walked into the throne room. He was dressed in all white and he was bare foot. She didn't really know what he was doing and why he must do it. Adelaide walked towards Merlin where he was looking through the crack of the door.

"What is he actually doing?" Adelaide asked as she bent down to look into the throne room, Arthur was on his knees in the middle of the room.

"Thinking." Merlin smiled at his sister.

"About?" She asked again.

"You." Merlin said. Adelaide stood straight and hit him on the arm. Merlin just smiled at her as he stood straight, he closed the door.

"Are you going to stay here?" Adelaide questioned and Merlin nodded.

The next morning Adelaide stood up and got dressed.

Adelaide was going with Gwen and Morgana to the market. Arthur was busy preparing for his quest he must do to show the people he is ready to be king.

The three women stood by one of the stalls. Gwen was looking at different coloured cloths with Adelaide and Morgana was approving it. Suddenly an old woman grabbed Morgana's arm. Adelaide and Gwen saw Morgana walking with the woman when they tried to follow but Morgana stopped them.

The two of them stood in front of the mirror when the old woman walked passed them but when she looked at them she wasn't an old woman it was Morgause.

"My Lady?" Gwen turned to Morgana who was besides them.

"Are you alright?" Adelaide asked

"I'm fine, the poor woman didn't have money to feed her family." Morgana said but Adelaide and Gwen was not convinced.

The day dragged on and soon night was upon them. Adelaide was in her room. She couldn't sleep because she was worried about Arthur that was leaving the next day.

Adelaide stayed up all night, walking up and down her room, without her heels on. When Adelaide stood by her window she saw the sun rising. She walked to her closet and dressed . She put on her shoes and brushed her hair.