Arthur Bane Part 2

+Arthur's Bane Part 2+

Adelaide sat at the head of the table in the council room. There has been no word on Merlin and Arthur, but with the traitor in Camelot she got distracted, so she was busy signing papers for the council. Gauis sat on her left side helping her and telling her where she needs to sign.

Adelaide fiddled with the sleeve of her dress.

 The doors to the council room opened and Adelaide looked up as the guards entred with Siva

The doors to the council room opened and Adelaide looked up as the guards entred with Siva. "My Lady." Siva cutrtsied, greeting Adelaide.

"Siva. You asked to see me?" Adelaide said/asked as she ooked straight at Siva, who looked nervous.

"I'm sorry for what I did. It was wrong, I know, it was without thinking. I didn't mean to hurt anyone. I wouldn't. All I wanted was to help my father, noe I'm condemed to death." Siva said

"You understand the law, Siva. I cannot change it." Adelaide said staring at Siva.

"Please, I know you have a good heart. I beg of you." Siva begged.

"Men have died. The king and Merlin are still missing." Adelaide said

"I know. I'm so sorry. I did it for my father. It was the only thing he wanted for me. I told him I couldn't but-- I don't know, he—I wanted to make him happy." Siva said and Adelaide could see that she meant it.

"He used you." Adelaide said to Siva who nodded, "I know. My Lady, I don't want to die." Siva says

"There is nothing I can do Siva. The sentence stands." Adelaide said and Siva looked at her confused, "My Lady?" Siva asked and Adelaide nodded to the guards who took Siva by the arms and back to her cell.

"Where is it I need to sign?" Adelaide asked and Gauis showed her on the parchment where and she signed. "Perhaps you should reconcider. The sentence is a harsh one" Gauis spoke up as Adelaide signed the papers. "The law is clear." Adelaide said as she looked at Gauis setting the quill down.

"Siva was naieve and foolish but she doesn't deserve to die." Gauis said and Adelaide looked at him.

"I have no intention of killing her Gauis. My aim is to catch her father, he is the threat to Camelot, not the girl. I'm hoping her plait will lure him here." Adelaide said folding her hands on her lap as she talked.

"Why did you not tell me?" Gauis asked

"Our predicument must remain geniune. If Ruadan has one spy in Camelot he may have many more, and if he has any inkling of this, he will not come." Adelaide said

"It's a dangerous game you're playing, My Lady." Gauis said.

"Wars cannot be won without taking risks Gauis." Adelaide said

"The execution is set. What happens if Ruadan doesn't appear?" Gauis asked Adelaide.

"Siva is his daughter. I have to believe that he will." Adelaide said as she continue to sign the parchments for the council.

Later that night Adelaide sat in her chambers going over parchments that the council gave her. She looked up when she heard the warning bell. She stood up and rushed to the window opening it and looking down into the court yard. She saw the knights and guards rushing around. Her chamber door opened and Leon entered.

"Is it Ruadan?" Adelaide asked Leon.

"Most certainly." Leon said

"Get them, but don't hurt Siva." Adelaide said and Leon rushed out to catch up with the other knights and guards.

Adelaide stood in Gauis' chambers watching as he examened the body of Ruadan. They found a parchment rolled up in a small vial that was around Ruadan's neck.

"What is it?" Adelaide asked as Gauis read the parchment.

"I believe it is a prayer." Gauis says looking up at Adelaide.

"Can you read it?" Adelaide asked Gauis didn't answer. "Gauis?" Adelaide questioned again.

"I'm no expert in druidic runes." Gauis said.

"Please. I know you too well." Adelaide said smiling at Gauis.

"It is a call for victory over the enemies of the old religiun." Gauis said.

"The druids are peaceful people." Adelaide said

"For most part they are, but for some the great purge changed that. They blame Uther for their suffering."Gauis said, Adelaide frowned at him.

"But Uther's dead." Adelaide said.

"Some believe that Arthur is no different from his father. Sorcerry is still out lawed, for them little has changed." Gauis said

"So Ruadan thought he could kill my husband." Adelaide said

"Worse, it think you have heard that some believe that Arthur is destined to die by the hands of a druid. Perhaps Ruadan thought he was that man."Gauis said

"He was mistaken then." Adelaide said.

Two days passed and Adelaide sat in her room when she heard people cheering, she stood up and walked to the window. She glanced down to the court yard and then she ran out of her chambers and down to the court yard, her dress flying behind her.

 She glanced down to the court yard and then she ran out of her chambers and down to the court yard, her dress flying behind her

She entered the court yard and ran straight to Arthur, who caught her in his arms. Adelaide kissed him not caring that there are other people around them.

"Thank goodness you are all right."Adelaide said once Arthur set her down.

"I'm back now, with someone I would like you to meet." Arthur said smiling and Adelaide looked confused as he stepped aside, she stared at the young boy, the moment she glanced at his eyes she knew.

"Mordred?" She gasped before she hugged him, she felt his arms go around you.

Later that night Adelaide sat at the table in her chambers with Arthur at the head, her by his right hand and Mordered oppisate her.

"So what happened here while I was gone?" Arthur asked

"Well, Siva was a spy for her father who worked for Morgana, that's how she knew you were approaching through Annis' lands." Adelaide said drinking some of her wine.

"Well it seems you handled it well." Arthur said.

"Mordred, how have you been?" Adelaide asked

"All right. Surviving." Mordred said and Adelaide nodded.

+Next Day+

Adelaide sat in the great hall, watching as Arthur made Mordred a knight of Camelot. She smiled as everyone clapped and cheered.