The Diamond of the day: Part 2

Adelaide could hear the clanging of sword from the tent where she and Gwen were helping Gauis treat the wounded.

"Bandages! I need Bandages!" Gwen came running into the tent.

Suddenly a Saxon and a knight entered the tent fighting. The Saxon was about to kill the knight when Adelaide snuck up behind him and thrusts her sword into his back. He drops to the ground and the knight ran out of the tent to continue the battle.

Adelaide and Gwen stood out side the tent staring at Merlin, who was disguised as an old man. He was using his magic to help Arthur and the knights.

"Who is that?" Gwen asked coming to a stop besides Adelaide.

"Someone truly remarkable." Adelaide said and entered the tent once more.

"You know him?" Gwen questions.

"Lets just say he deserves our gratitude." Gauis smiled at Gwen and followed Adelaide into the tent.

Adelaide stood next to an injured knight, helping to clean his wound, before she bandaged them.

"My Lady." Leon entered the tent, it caused Adelaide to stand up and look at Leon. "The battle is won. The saxons are in full retreat, they're making for the hills. I've dispatched 200 men to drive our advantage home." Leon said smiling.

"And Arthur?" Adelaide asked Leon.

"We'll keep looking." Leon said, confirming that they didn't know where he was.

"Thank you." Adelaide said. She turned around. She leaned against a near by table, one hand on her stomach as she took deep breaths.

"I need some fresh water." Adelaide said to a passing knight.

Back in Camelot

Adelaide stood in her and Arthur's chambers. She stared out the window as families looked at the dead bodies, looking for their sons.

Her dress reached the ground, and had long sleeves to cover her arms.