Arthur's Bane Part 1

Season 5 Episode 1

Merlin ran through the whole castle

Merlin ran through the whole castle. He opened doors and shouted a 'hello', but no one answered. He ran away, dodging people as he ran. He stopped just before he ran into Arthur.
"Well?" Arthur asked as Merlin stopped in front of him.
"I've searched everywhere." Merlin said out of breath.
"Merlin. It's not just me you are keeping waiting." Arthur said just as a lot of knight walked down the stairs into the Great Hall.
"How is it my fault?" Merlin asked Arthur.
"The Queen can't just disappear." Arthur said to Merlin, his voice raised.
"Then where is she?" Merlin asked
"That's what I sent you to find out." Arthur said
"Do you know how big this castle is?" Merlin asked
"Funny enough I do." Arthur said
"Then perhaps you should have a look." Merlin said to Arthur
"Merlin, is there anything you are actually capable of doing?" Arthur asked.
"Putting up with you." Merlin said
Arthur laughed, "oh, really?" Arthur asked, just then Adelaide, Gwen and Adelaide's new handmaiden came walking down the stairs.
"Adelaide." Arthur smiles as he sees Adelaide coming down the stairs in a beautiful gown.

" Arthur smiles as he sees Adelaide coming down the stairs in a beautiful gown

"Sorry I'm late." Adelaide smiled at Arthur.
"Late? Not at all. Plenty of time." Arthur said and Merlin glared at him.

Adelaide took Arthur's arm and walked into the Great Hall, where a big round table stood and seated around it were all the trusted members of the round table except two seats were empty.

"Noble knights of Camelot, countrymen, friends. I welcome you to.this meeting of the round table." Arthur stood next to Adelaide  who sat and Gauis was on the other side of him. "For three long years we have been blessed with peace, prosperity, but now it seems a shadow have been casted across out lands. Sir Gwaine set out for Ismere some six weeks ago, with him whet three score of our finest men. There has been no word of them since. At my request sir Elyan led a search party to the waste lands of the north, they found no trace of Gwaine or his men. It is as if they have vanished from the face of the earth." Arthur said.

+Later that night in the Privy Council chambers+

"We know that Gwaine and his men crossed the paths here," Elyan said as he pointed onto a map that was laid out on the table, "but beyond that there's no trace. The trail went cold." Elyan said.