To kill the king

To kill the king

The city of Camelot was asleep, well it would be obvious that everyone is asleep since it is late at night. Adelaide was in her room fast asleep, when suddenly she heard a screeching sound and it woke her up. She had no idea what it was but she could feel the magic coming from it.

She stood up and walked to her window. She opened it and looked out the window, she instantly saw guards dragging Tom the blacksmith and Gwen's father into the castle. The only reason that he would be dragged into the castle if he is going to the dungeons.

Adelaide couldn't sleep for the rest of the night, so she sat on her bed and when the sun rose she stood up and got dressed , before walking out of her room to Arthur's room to find out why Tom is in the dungeon.

She knocked on Arthur's door.

"Come in." She heard Arthur say and she entered. "Arthur, sorry if I am bothering you, but I wanted to find out why you and some guards dragged Tom the blacksmith to the dungeons last night?" Adelaide said/asked as she walked in.

She saw Arthur sitting on his bed putting on his boots meaning he has just finished dressing. "You are not bothering me, and last night we found Tom forging a weapon for a sorcerer named Thoren. My father have been after Thoren for years but last night some guards saw him in the lower town entering the blacksmith and then we caught the blacksmith with solid gold in his hand and Thoren escaped. How did you know we took Tom to the dungeon?" Arthur said/asked.

"Oh, I woke up last night after hearing a weird sound so I stood up and walked to my window only to see you dragging to into the castle and that only meant that he was going to the dungeon." Adelaide said blushing as she looked at the floor. She suddenly heard Arthur chuckle and then she saw his brown boots in front of her. She looked up and saw Arthur right in front of her she could feel his breath on her face as she looked into his eyes.

He started to move forward, as if he wanted to kiss her but his door opened and Adelaide moved so quickly out the door all Arthur saw was Her black hair flowing behind her. Arthur turned to the person who opened tthe door and saw Merlin looking at Arthur with a smug smile on his face.

"If you tell anyone I will have you hanged." Arthur said. "Oh but then she will never forgive you, after all I am her brother." Merlin said and Arthur glared at him.

The day got a lot worse. Mogana told Uther that is he execute Gwen's father she will never forgive him. Adelaide was with Gwen in the dungeons where Gwen was talking to her father. Adelaide was offering comfort since she knew that Tom is the only family Gwen has.

That night Adelaide was in her room pacing as she watched over Gwen who fell asleep on her bed while crying. Suddenly Adelaide heard the warning bells meaning someone escaped from the dungeons. Adelaide hoped that it was not Tom but the next morning she could hear Gwen's scream from the courtyard and she knew that some how Tom got out and he was killed on sight.

Adelaide went to Morgana's room to talk to her but Morgana was not there, so she let it go and walked to Gauis' chambers. When she walked in she saw Gwen asleep on Merlin's bed.

"How is she?" Adelaide asked concerned for her friend. "Gauis gave her a sleeping draught, but she is heartbroken. It makes me wonder why did Tom try to escape, his trail was tomorrow morning." Merlin said.

"Watch over her, please." Adelaide said so Merlin who nodded and Adelaide walked out to her room.

Adelaide did not know what to think, after Gwen's father was killed, Adelaide found out that Morgana was restrained and chained to a wall in the dungeon because she disrespected Uther, but Arthur got her out. and the next day the two of them Uther and Morgana went to visit her father's grave, where Uther was almost killed by Thoren but Morgana saved him by killing Thoren. And most of the things that happened doesn't add up, like how did Tom escape without a single guard seeing him, and how did Thoren know that Uther and Morgana was going to visit the grave of Morana's father.

It has been a week since all everything and right now Adelaide was in her room reading a book she borrowed from Gauis. There was a knock on her door.

"Come in." Adelaide said and her door opened and in stepped Arthur. "Arthur, what can I do for you?" Adelaide asked standing up.

"Well I just wanted to talk, and You look today." Arthur said making Adelaide blush.

"Thank you." Adelaide said smiling at Arthur. he stepped closer to her and sat down in the chair that was opposite the one Adelaide was sitting in. Adelaide sat down in the chair.

The two of the sat in silence before Arthur started talking and they talked and laughed and they got to know each other more.