Another Sorrow

It was late and the whole of Camelot were asleep, except for some of the knights and guards.

Adelaide was fast asleep next to Arthur, who had his arms around her.

Their chamber door bursts open and Sir Elyan entred, Arthur instantly sat up and reached for his sword, but stopped when he saw Elyan.

"Elyan. What  is it?" Arthur asked.
"Princess Mithian and her maid just rode into Camelot." Elyan said.

"Arthur, what is it?" Adelaide slowly sat up turning towards Arthur and Elyan.
"We'll talk in the morning, get some rest." Arthur said kissing Adelaide on the head as she laid back down.

Arthur climbed out of the bed pulling on a shirt. He walked closer to his table where Elyan was standing. "Where is she now?" Arthur asked Elyan. "Gauis is checking on her."Elyan said and Arthur nodded, he sat down in one of the chairs at the table as Elyan left.

An hour later Merlin entred. "How is she?" Arthur asked Merlin as soon as he entred.

"She is weak and clearly exhausted  but she will live." Merlin said and Arthur stared to stand up.

"Good I will talk to her right away." Artgur said making his way towards the door but Merlin stops him.
"Actually, no. She needs her rest." Merlin said holding his hand out in front of Arthur, stopping Arthur from continuing.
"But this is important." Arthur said.
"And so is the health of the princess." Merlin said
"Did you just give me an order?" Artgur asked Merlin.
"Yes." Merlin said without hesitation.
"Feels good, does it?" Arthur asked
"It wasn't unpleasant." Merlin said.

Arthur sighed and walked towards the chair and sat down. "Arthur?" Merlin questioned. Arthur looked up at him. "To ride all through the night. Something must have happened." Arthur said.
"We'll know more in the morning." Merlin said and Arthur nodded as Merlin left.

Adelaide woke up the next morning. Arthur was already up and dressed. Adelaide stood up and took her dress.

"Arthur, what happened last night?" Adelaide asked as she stepped behind the screen and got dressed.
"Princess Mithian and her maid rode into Camelot, without any guards. We are not sure what happened." Arthur said.
"Are we to talk to her this morning, to find out?" Adelaide questioned.
"Yes." Arthur answered.

Adelaide finished dressing and stepped out.

"How do I look?" Adelaide asked Arthur as she stepped out

"How do I look?" Adelaide asked Arthur as she stepped out. "Beautiful. Like the queen you are." Arthur said and kissed her on the forehead before placing her tiara on her head.

" Arthur said and kissed her on the forehead before placing her tiara on her head