The drawing of the dark

Adelaide stood next to Gwen, both in their riding clothes. Arthur has just gotten back from his council meeting.

 Arthur has just gotten back from his council meeting

 "Are you sure you want to go alone?" Arthur asked taking Adelaide's hands in his.

"I'll take the open road, no short cuts. I promise." Adelaide smiled at Arthur.

"At least take some protection with you." Arthur said.

"I'm taking Gwen with me. We are both skilled with swords and I'll have my daggers, hidden where I can easily get to them." Adelaide said.

"All right." Arthur said. "Be safe. I love you." Arthur pulled Adelaide in for a hug.

"I'll be safe. I love you as well." Adelaide said kissing Arthur on the cheek

Adelaide and Gwen climbed onto their horses, puling the hoods of the cloaks up to cover their heads. Adelaide smiled at Arthur as they took off.

A few days later they arrived in Ealdor. Adelaide smiled when she saw her mother, and instantly got off of her horse to greet her mother.

"Mother." Adelaide said and pulled her mother in for a hug.

"Adelaide, Gwen. It is good to see you both." Hunith said as she hugged Adelaide and Gwen.

"Good to see you as well, Hunith." Gwen smiled.

That Night

Gwen was fast asleep, but Adelaide and Hunith sat near the fire. It lit up their faces. Hunith looked at Adelaide, who was deep in thought.

"Why are you really here Adelaide?" Hunith questioned Adelaide who's eyes snapped towards Hunith. "I know when something is wrong. I'm your mother." Hunith said and Adelaide stared at her mother for a few seconds.

"I'm scared." Adelaide said finally.

"Scared of what?" Hunith asked standing up and walking to sit next to Adelaide.