Chapter 7

Chapter 7 –

The car ride back to my apartment was long and quiet. Hunter didn’t say much to me, and Gienna just starred out the window. Me, well I just looked out the window as well.

We had finally got back to my apartment. Gienna and I got out the car while Hunter just zoomed off and went back to his place. He didn’t say goodbye or anything and I really didn’t care about his little petty attitude.

Gienna and I went upstairs and I gave her some fresh clothes and brand new undergarments I bought. We were around the same size so there was no problem. She had went in the bathroom to take a shower while I sat on the couch with my phone. I pulled my legs up to my chest and checked my phone.

I had a couple of messages but I decided to leave them unchecked and call my mom. I called the house phone hoping she would answer. Luckily, she did.

“Hi mom.” I said.

“What do you want?” She said.

“Well ok then. What you doing?” I asked.

“Nothing, Sebastian is over.” She said.

Sebastian is my older brother by two years.

“Tell him I said hi.” I said. “I need to talk to you.”

“Que paso mija?” She asked. (What happened?)

“Well Sam cheated on Gienna and she caught him in their room having sex with Kimmy.” I whispered, checking to see if the shower was still running.

My mom gasped. “He seems like such a nice kid.”

“Yeah so Hunter, Gienna and I drove up to her apartment and I made them sit in the car while I went to talk to Sam.” I said. “Mami, he had the nerve to still have that hijoeputa in their apartment. Then dique he wanted me to tell her that he’s sorry.”

“She better not go back with him.” She said.

“I don’t know if she’s considering it or not. She hasn’t said much since she got here earlier. So she’s going to stay with me for a while and speaking of that, Hunter’s giving me the cold shoulder for it.” I explained, sighing. I ran a hand through my hair and rubbed my eye.

“What’s his problem?” She asked. “It’s a couple of days, he can live without sex for a while.”

“Mom!” I laughed. “I don’t know but the whole car ride he was quiet and he just dropped us off and left without saying bye. He didn’t even stay to make sure we were OK. Nada!”

“He’s a little bitch.” She said softly.

My mom has no filter and to be honest, that’s one thing I'm happy I got from her. The two of us together, you better watch out. She had my brother and I in her twenties so she’s not that old yet.

We wrapped up our conversation as Gienna came out the bathroom. Gienna told me to tell my mom she said hi and I did as told.

I hung the phone up with my mom and Gienna came and sat on the couch with me. She grabbed the remote and turned the TV on, flipping through the channels.

“Gi, are you considering getting back with him?” I asked out the blue.

She stopped flicking through the channels and looked at me with the coldest eyes I’ve ever seen on her. She shrugged and looked down at her  hands.

“I don’t know. Maybe.” She said. “What’d he says when you went up there?”

“Not much.” I sighed. “I didn’t really let them get a word in. He wanted me to tell you he’s sorry.”

She shrugged. “Wait, she was still there?”

“Yeah. They were arguing when I opened the door they stopped.”

She nodded and looked at the TV but not actually watching it. “I’m thinking about it to be honest. I think we could work this through.”

“You have too much of a good heart.” I said. “If that was Hunter, I wouldn’t know what to do.”

“Speaking of Hunter, is he cool with me staying here?” She asked, genuinely concerned.

“Who cares? It’s my apartment and he can go to hell for all I care.” I said. “It’s really none of his business.”

“Yeah, but I don’t want to be the cause of something ugly.” She said.

“He’s already the cause of something ugly.” I smiled faintly.

We spent the rest of the night watching corny love movies and eating junk food. At some point in the night, we both fell asleep.

~

The next morning, I woke up to the sound of my alarm. Gienna had also woke up and sighed. We had fallen asleep on the couch. I got up and headed for the bathroom. I took a quick shower and did my morning duties.

I got dressed for work and saw Gienna grabbing her things.

“Where you going?” I asked.

“I need my work clothes.” She said. “Sam should be gone by now so I’ll be okay. Have a good day!”

“Are you sure?” I asked.

“Yeah, its okay.” She smiled. She gave me a hug and we kissed each other cheeks.

She walked out the front door while I still got my things together. I checked my phone and there was no sign of anything from Hunter. I sighed and grabbed my things, heading out the door.

I got in the car and decided on stopping by Dunkin Donuts. I got out the car and walked into the store. I ordered a sausage, egg and cheese croissant, vanilla frosted donut and a medium hot chocolate. I hate coffee so that’s the closest thing to it.

I walked out the Dunkin Donuts and went back to my car heading to work.

Another crucial day at the office.

A/N: This was a filler and boring ass chapter, I know.

Next one is grand! Promise J xx.