Chapter 16

I woke up and saw Hunter next to me peacefully. For some reason all I could feel when I looked at him was .. nothing. Him cheating on me with Gienna had finally hit me full force. I'm at the last stage of feelings and that feeling I am feeling right now is that I don't want to be with someone who can't control themselves when they're drunk. 

I got up and went in the shower before he woke up. As I'm in the shower I'm deciding how I want to go about this. The sex camp is a week away and I honestly still want to go. I want to go, but not with Hunter. 

I step out of the shower and take off my engagement ring. I walk back into my room and realize Hunter isn't there. I quickly got dressed and went downstairs. I see Hunter downstairs awkwardly in the kitchen trying to make conversation with my mother. I walk over to my mother to give her a kiss on the cheek and then to Hunter. I sat down at the table with him and took a deep sigh. My mother had now left the kitchen and went to the other room. 

Hunter looks at me and immediately notices something is wrong and before he could say anything I say "I think we have run our course. Waking up this morning next to you, I realized that you really hurt me. I know you want to try to get my trust back and make things right but I'm just no longer in that headspace anymore. I love you and I always will, but I know I do not want to be with someone who cheats on me with my best friend. I left the ring upstairs on my dresser if you want to take it with you and when I get back to my apartment, I will put all of your things in a box. I want us to still be in each others lives but only as friends for now."

Hunter is speechless and visibly heartbroken. I feel bad but I need to do what is right for me first. 

"I'm sorry." This was all that left his mouth before he got up, went upstairs to grab his things and left my parents house. I stayed at the kitchen table for a while. I was honestly okay. I made the right decision. I loved Hunter so much but I had to put myself first and love myself more than him right now.