Banned!

Sera's P.O.V.

     "Agent Hazeldine! Sera are you listening to me?" I was startled out of my thoughts by director Fury's yelling. 

Although he does do it often so I don't know why I am still startled by it. 

     "Ehem?" The bald dark man loudly cleared his throat as he sat down at his desk. His brows were angrily furrowed and his brown eyes were piercing into my soul like two deadly knives. "When you are done 'floating around in dream land' I would like you to let me know so I can assign you your next mission." He coldly said, never losing eye contact. "Yes sir. Uh-sorry I was lost in thought." I replied foggily. 

     It had been a long two weeks of back to back missions. First a few hydra camps, then some assassinations, a couple manipulations, and then finding and recruiting Captain America to the secret S.H.I.E.L.D service! Granted I did have help from agent 16 [AKA Victoria Stark} But still! It was a lot in 14 days running on just 8 hours of sleep. 

     "Mhm." Director Fury, hummed through his annoyed lips as he absentmindedly looked through a few files. "Believe me I can tell." He muttered so quiet you almost didn't hear. My eyes grew wide and the fog turned to confusion. "What? N-never mind just." I paused and inhaled deeply. "What's the next mission?" I asked folding my hands and sitting up straighter. "Get some sleep!" He exclaimed. "Wha-" I began before he cut me off. "You heard me! Go home to your own house in your own bed and get some sleep!" He repeated, glancing up at me for no more then a mere second. 

     I scoffed and shook my head. "Sir I don't think that's necessary I can hand-" Then he cut me off again. "Ha! Oh really!" He snapped his file shut and slapped it onto his glass desk. "Look at that!" He said gesturing to me as he rose from his chair. "You just... Gestured to all of me." I said quietly, he was now standing a few feet  in front of me. "Yeah I did! I mean look at you!" I nervously looked down at myself trying to find what he was talking about. I mean sure there are a few rips and tears in my suit but it isn't that bad. 

     Then he squinted his eyes shut and rubbed his temples. "You look like, you just got hit by a semi truck, fell into a rocky river, and were drug through the mud by a fluffy white unicorn!" He said, gesturing to me again. I was absolutely speechless. One, I was trying to imagine what on earth that would look like and two I was trying to find a way to prove I could handle another mission.

     My mouth drooped into the shape of an 'O' and stayed like that as he walked back to sit down at his desk. "You need sleep! And a shower, you smell worse then my grandson's gym socks." That was the last straw. "Hey!" I burst out, before I even knew what I was doing, I walked right over to his desk. "Okay I get offering me a break but there is no need to insult me in the process." I slammed my hand onto his glass desktop. "I am a level 15 S.H.I.E.L.D agent and I have completed more missions in 2 weeks then most agents do in 2 months. In fact I am almost as good as the great Victoria Stark!" He just rested his head on his hand and rolled his eyes. Though I ignored him. 

     "So I thank you for your offer but I will not be taking a break any time soon and I am going on another mission." I state, trying to contain my rage and sleep deprivation but failing miserably. He just continued to glare at me, clearly un-amused. "I am not offering." My eyebrows furrow with confusion and I retracted my hand. "I am ordering you. Agent Hazeldine you are banned from any mission activity for 48 hours. No more, no less." He said the last part slowly. "Bu-" I started to protest. "Make that 72 hours. Effective immediately." He firmly stated and gave me a look I knew I shouldn't mess with. I let out a groan and lolled my head back. 

     He just went back to looking over his files. I stared him down and crossed my arms. "You know sometimes it feels like you are purposely trying to piss me off." I spit. He just rolls his eyes up to face me. "I'm the director. It's my job to 'piss off ' my agents." He says matter of factually. I loosen up a little. Well... Yeah I guess so. I think to myself as I shrug my shoulders. "That will be all, agent Hazeldine." He says, still looking over the files. I give up and walk out of his office.