Easier To Fool

Sera's P.O.V.

     I lifted my head from a hard chest and looked up into his green eyes.

     They had changed from the ones I saw a moment ago. Hard and cold, yet I could see a small glimpse of worry flash in them.

     His body had also stiffened. Though we spoke no words we both knew exactly what the other was thinking.

     Quickly he let go of my waist and took my hand instead.

     We marched in unison through the dark hallways. Every once in a while we would glance at each other, then quickly look away.

     I felt fluttery and worried all at the same time. My emotions were hard to explain but there were quite a few of them all at once. 

     I looked up and studied the grey walls that were dimly lit with broken light bulbs. Suddenly one of the light bulbs shattered above us!

     I let a scared yelp escape my lips as I lifted my free hand to shelter my neck/face. We both picked up the pace to avoid the flying glass and continued to walk down the hall.

     I felt a cold, reassuring squeeze in my hand. I looked through my tangled, short hair and saw Loki still clutching my hand in his. 

     I gave a week smile before we came out of the maze of halls and into the courtyard. I tugged on his hand to make Loki stop along side me.

     I felt his gaze hit my face and my cheeks flush. Though I had to brush the blush away and focus on what the heck just happened!

     "I have an idea on how we can get there faster." I spoke, glancing at him for only a second as not to blush any further.

     "I'm listening." He grumbled, though he didn't appear to be in a bad mood.

     "Right." I breathed, realizing I had been tangled up in my thoughts for too long.

     I swiped a stray piece of hair behind my ear as my heart rate increased. "We race!!" With that I was off in a flash!!

     "Sera!!" I heard him chant from behind me, grin on my face from ear to ear. 

     I raced across the courtyard and down another set of hallways. My hair was flowing back as the small breeze whipped through each strand.

     I peered behind my shoulder and started to slow down as I saw no sign of Loki. 

     My heart rate still pounded in excitement but my smile started to fade. I honestly thought he would be faster then me and catch up.

     I began to walk slowly, still watching my back until I bumped into something hard. "You never learn do you?" A velvety voice spoke. I looked before me and saw a Loki appearing before my eyes in a green glow.

     "Hey!!" I called, reaching for him after he dashed ahead of me. "That's cheating!!!" I yelled playfully, slowly gaining on him.

     He looked back at me with a playful grin stuck on his face and a gleam in his eye.

     I picked up the pace and just as we were side by side, we rushed into the dinning room.

     The grin quickly fell from our faces as we saw how serious everyone looked. All the people in the room were shaken up, Wanda and Vision were holding each other as the slowly stood up fully.

     I raised an eyebrow in question as he raised his red hand to brush a piece of hair out of her face.

     Then Tori's voice filled my ears. "Banner, Stark, get to a computer and track the amount of energy that we just saw. I want to know what it is and where it came from so we can shut it down."