Mind Games

Loki's P.O.V.

     "I wish to court you." The lie slipped through my lips like butter. Her brown eyes widened in shock. My heart was split in two.

     I was lying to one of the most important people in my life. The worst part was the she was believing every word.

     "What?" Her voice cracked and I watched her frail body tighten in my grasp. "It is Asgardian tradition to request the parents of the maiden for their permission to court before you do. I wanted to be official and ask your parents permission to court you." I was speaking before I could comprehend what I was saying.

     I didn't go and see her parents. It was to dangerous for her to get involved and we were getting much to close anyways. I had to push her away from the monster I was.

     Her chocolate brown eyes stared into mine, waiting for me to continue. "So I used my teleportation abilities to travel in search of them. I ran out of time before I could find them so I had to return." I finished, hoping she wouldn't see through the lie I had just fed her.

     "Loki," She began, I pushed her further into the bookshelf so she couldn't run. "I'm adopted." Her words re-froze my heart. I never bothered to actually look for her parents in my search through her brain.

     She had been adopted just as I was. 

Well this really messes the whole plan up.

     I felt her hand smoothly run along my bicep. I held back a shutter, her proximity was intoxicating. I looked into her soft eyes and tried to keep focus.

     "You wouldn't have been able to find them if you tried. My foster parents live in Mississippi but they don't care much about me." Her words brought the memories of my past flooding into my mind.

"TELL ME!" I screamed, rage and fear chilling my blood. 

" Laufyson."

     Two warm hands cupping my face brought me out of my mind. "I appreciate the thought." Her rhythmic breath hitched and her chest. I watched as lips drew closer to mine.

     Though at the last second, her perfect pink lips landed on my cheek. The heat on my skin rose and my heart fluttered. It lasted half a second but it sent my mind racing.

     She pulled away and I studied her soft features. Her brown eyes were filled with compassion, her breath hitched in desperation. I let a smile escape onto my lips to ease her tension.

     I felt as though the monster in me was slowly dying. I didn't care the cost I needed her for survival. Without her the rage and heartbreak would take over. I was going to find a way out of this deal.

     "I would love to be yours." I slipped my cold hand into hers. "It would by my honor." I pressed a soft kiss to her palm, staring into her chocolate brown orbs. "If you wish."

     She nodded, letting out a nervous breath as I mimicked her smile. I pulled her apart from the shelf and we made our way out of the room. "Let's go." I whispered.

     We began to step down the large staircase before a vision snatched my mind.

     My brain was being pulled and all the lights flashed!

"No crevasse!"

"I'm warning you."

"No barren moon."

"Betray me,"

"Where he won't FIND you!!"

"And I'll kill you."